Chapter Two: Another Chloe

~~~ADRIEN~~~

My life at my house is pretty uniform. Every moment is scheduled out; which means that when something new happens...its obvious.

That's why I was so quick to notice when I came downstairs for breakfast to find streams of men and women walking up the stairs toting paint cans, rugs, curtains, etc. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as Plagg stuck his head out of my shirt pocket.

"Is your dad finally redecorating? This place could use a bit of color." He said. I didn't bother answering him, but simply pushed him back into my pocket with one finger and walking downstairs to the dining room. Nathalie was waiting for me, as usual...but to my surprise my father had actually managed to make it to the table today.

"Father? What is going on?" I asked, sitting down at my usual place. 

"We're having a guest," He stated in his usual stern voice, "The daughter of some old friends of mine will be staying with us for a time. I'm having my people decorate her bedroom to ensure that it is to her liking."

"But why, father? Who is she?" 

"A family friend. That's all the information that you need to know at this time," He replied, "But she is your age and will be attending school with you while she is here. I expect you to keep an eye on her during that time." I nodded.

"Yes, Father."

Even though I was extremely curious about the circumstances of this girl coming to stay with us, I had to admit I was a little excited. Someone my age would be living here! Which means that even when my father keeps me away from hanging out with my friends, I'll always have someone around that I can be friends with! I just hope she likes me...

But at the same time, if I do end up befriending this girl, I have a feeling it will be much more difficult to slip out as Chat Noir undetected. That could potentially be a problem...

But overall I'm just excited! I wonder what she's like...

~~~

The mystery girl remained on my mind the entire ride to school, and even as I met Nino in the courtyard.

"Whoa, for real dude?" He asked, once I'd told him the situation. "What's her deal? Why's she coming to Paris?"

"I'm not sure. My father wouldn't tell me," I explained, "All he said was that she was a family friend, she'd be staying with us for a while, and that she's my age. He also said she'll be coming to school with me, so he wants me to keep an eye on her."

"Whoa. That's crazy," He stated, "Do you think she'll be chill or do you think she'll be more like-"

"Adrikens!" He sighed and I jumped in surprise as Chloe's arms wrapped around my neck and she pressed her lips against my cheek. "Good morning, Adrikens. I missed you!"

"Thanks, uh...but I saw you yesterday, Chloe." I said, gently detaching her from my neck. 

"So?! That was a long time ago! Are you saying that you didn't miss me?!"

"No! No, uh...of course I did." I told her. 

"I knew it! Everyone misses me when I'm not around. I am the life of the party, after all!"  She exclaimed. "Come on, Sabrina. Bring my bag." She strutted off towards the door, her best friend Sabrina trailing along behind her, carrying both Chloe's backpack as well as her own. 

"I'm telling you dude...if you end up with another Chloe living in your house, we're gonna have to come up with a full-proof plan to get you out of there." 

"Oh come on, Nino. She's not that bad." I told him. "But just to be honest...I think there's only one Chloe in the world."

"Oh gosh, I sure hope so." We both turned to see Alya standing there with Marinette nervously cowering behind her.

"Morning, dudettes!" Nino greeted. I smiled, leaning around Alya so that I could make eye contact with Marinette.

"Good morning, Marinette."

"Great marinara-I mean, Morning good-Good Morning Adrien!" She stammered. I smiled, standing up straight again.

"Adrien was just telling me that some new chick is moving into his house for a while. She's going to be coming to our school and everything."

"A girl!? Living?! you with?!' Marinette exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Translation," Alya said, eyeing her friend amusedly, "You're going to have a girl that's our age living in your house?"

"Yeah, basically," I answered, "But all I really know about her is that she's a family friend. My father says I should get to meet her tomorrow night."

"That's all he told you?" Alya asked. "Did he even tell you her name?"

"Oh yeah! Yeah, he did, I think he said her name was...Eloise Cartier." 

~~~Marinette~~~

Nino and Adrien led the way inside, leaving Alya and I to bring up the back.

"I can't believe this, this is a disaster!' I exclaimed. "A girl, our age is going to be living in Adrien's house, and if she's a family friend, she's probably rich and fancy...even her name sounds majestic." 

"Girl, relax. Just because she's living in Adrien's' house doesn't mean they've signed the marriage certificate," Alya pointed out, "And who knows? maybe she'll end up being really cool and we'll have a new friend."

"Or she'll end up being just like Chloe and she'll be mean and conceited and she'll spend all of her time pulling Adrien away from me and then next thing I know, they'll be married in a mansion with three kids and a hamster and I'll be a lonely spinster living all alone, and my wallpaper will just be newspaper clippings of Adrien's Glamorous, fabulous live with his totally rich, totally gorgeous family. Oh, its all crumbling! Our love has been crushed before its even begun." I buried my head in my hands. 

"Ok Marinette, you are seriously being dramatic. But if it helps, you can always come move in with me, and be the weird aunt that my kids avoid at family reunions." I shot her a look, but one glance at her amused smile had the both of us erupting into laughter as we walked through the front door of the school.