Chapter Twenty: Can I Trust You?

I didn't wake up again until about twenty minutes before I was supposed to get up. While Adrien and I had fallen asleep together in a very harmless position, we certainly didn't remain in one. As I opened my eyes, woken up by the sunlight streaming through the windows, I found that we had both moved to lay on our sides so that we were facing each other. My hand was curled into a small fist, resting against his chest, and his face was so close to mine, we were practically laying on top of each other. He also had an arm draped over my waist. 

My eyes widened at the predicament, and I shifted slightly, preparing to attempt to move out from beneath his arm without waking him. The slightest movement however, caused the still sleeping boy to stir, tightening his grip on me and pulling me even closer to him. I suppressed a gasp as our noses bumped together, our mouths dangerously close to doing the same. I squeezed my eyes shut before reaching down to gently grab his wrist between my fingers. I slowly lifted his hand off of me, shifting backwards until I safely had enough room to stand up.

I didn't think Gabriel or Nathalie would take too kindly to finding me in Adrien's bed, so I adjusted his blankets, tucking him in again before creeping back to my own room just as my morning alarm went off. I turned it off immediately, letting out a yawn before grabbing a silk robe from the end of my bed and heading downstairs. I assumed that Gabriel would have some new disguise elements for me.

Oh how right I was. 

Once I reached the dining room, I raised a fist to knock on his office door just as said door flew open, revealing Mr. Agreste himself.

"In." He said sternly, nodding to the room behind him. I did as he said, walking past him and into the office. It was as cold and sparsely furnished as the rest of the house, with the exception of a rather large and beautiful painting of who I assumed was his late wife. What caught my eye the most however...was the brown, chin-length wig that sat on a plastic head on his desk. "A wig, glasses, heavy make-up and color-contacts. These elements alone should be enough to keep you from being recognized. If anyone asks, tell them I'm trying out a new look for the Agreste Brand. They think you're here for modelling, so it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that I would want to change up your look."

"Thank you," He paused, looking at me curiously, "For everything, I mean. Letting me stay here, making me over. I really appreciate all of it."

"Your parents are old friends. How could I refuse?" Despite the seeming authenticity of this statement, his stern, monotone voice never changed. I simply nodded and smiled, walking over to his desk and taking the three items before heading back to my room to get dressed for the day. "Miss VonHagen?"

I paused, turning to face him again.

"For the time being, you will be exempt from photo-shoots. Though, I do expect you to still attend them so that my bodyguard can keep an eye on you." I nodded, offering him one more thankful smile before leaving the room.

" I nodded, offering him one more thankful smile before leaving the room