Chapter Six: First Days and Band-Aids

I was up extra early the next morning out of pure excitement for my first real school experience. 

I walked into the closet, unzipping one of the garment bags. I usually dressed in more girly clothes; made up of cardigans and flow-y skirts and pastel colors, but Mr. Agreste had given me some darker, more trendy-type clothes for me to wear, just to make sure it would be more difficult to recognize me. I was also being forced to wear my hair down, which didn't seem to be a very effective method of concealing my identity, but whatever.

So I left my hair down in their usual chestnut waves and changed into the first outfit I selected. It was a white, off shoulder top styled underneath a black spaghetti strap dress. As far as accessories go, it came with a white beret and a pair of thigh-high black socks. I also found a pair of black ankle boots in the bag.

Mr. Agreste had also gone through a new make-up routine with me, so rather than my usual natural look, I was wearing dark eye-shadow, winged eye-liner and nude lipstick.

Once I was done getting ready, I had to admit...I didn't really look like myself. But then again, I suppose that was the point. I sighed, shaking out my hair before grabbing my white backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. Maane flew up in front of me.

"I will be attending school with you today, Miss. Its best if I stay on your person at all times!" I smiled, nodding and holding open the side-pocket of my backpack. The Kwami smiled, flying inside before I walked out of my room at the same time that Adrien was coming out of his. His eyes widened at the sight of me.

"What?" I questioned, looking down at my outfit. 

"Nothing! You just look...different than yesterday." He stated. I nodded.

"Right! Yes, uh...Mr. Agreste-your Dad, insisted that if I was going to be associated with the Agreste brand, I had better look the part, so...he kind of gave me a makeover." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is it bad?"

"No, no you look really pretty." I smiled. 

"Thank you." I fell into step beside him as we walked down the hallway, heading down to breakfast. 

"Are you nervous for your first day of school?" He questioned.

"I wouldn't say nervous per say. I think I'm more excited. I can't remember the last time I was around so many kids my age." I answered, sitting down in front of my plate.

"I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way my first day." He stated. "I can't wait for you to meet the rest of our class. They're all really cool, and from what I've learned about you already, I have no doubts that they're all going to love you."

"You think?"

"Yeah, of course! My class is pretty accepting, but aside from that, I happen to think that you're pretty cool." I smiled, taking a bite of my food.

"You're not so bad yourself." He smiled down at his plate, and I could've sworn I saw a hint of a blush on his cheeks. 

~~~

We ate breakfast fairly quickly and then got in the car driven by the Bodyguard. 

"Does your bodyguard have a name?" I whispered. He shrugged.

"He never talks. The first time I've ever heard him actually say anything was last night at Dinner. I've always just called him the Gorilla."  I sat back in my seat, looking up at the bodyguard's reflection in the rearview mirror.

"Excuse me," I leaned forward, putting my face up beside his seat, "What is your name?"

He seemed surprised at this question, meeting my gaze in the mirror with wide eyes.