Chapter Seventeen: Mr. Pigeon

Ladybug and I hid behind trees in the park while Chat Noir stood in front of them, a Paris Police hat on his head. I had to admit, he looked rather cute in it.

He was whistling a song as he stood with his hands clasped behind his back, but it wasn't long until he launched into a bunch of ridiculous dance moves. I smiled to myself.

It was becoming abundantly clear to me that Chat Noir acted as a sort of escape for Adrien. As Chat Noir he could be goofy and ridiculous and act like a kid in the way the doesn't get to in his everyday life. I wish he felt more comfortable doing that as himself because...I have to admit, he's pretty funny.

"Act natural or he'll never show up!" Ladybug scolded as he danced past us.

"What do you mean? I am acting natural!' He said, moonwalking towards us again. Strangely enough I think for him, it was true. This was him acting natural. It kind of made me sad.

He went back to pacing normally.

"Where is he? He should've been here by now!' Ladybug stated.

"Well, I hate to be overly-analytical," I told her, "But slapping a police hat over Chat Noir's costume is not the most convincing of disguises. Even for a Pigeon."

Just as I said this however, a huge clump of the birds filled the park, surrounding Chat Noir and sweeping him off into the sky.

"What the?!" We both jumped into action, with me using my staff and Ladybug using her yo-yo to chase after the birds, propelling ourselves from roof-top to roof-top in pursuit. We followed them to the Le Grand Paris hotel, where they dropped Chat Noir on the roof in a cloud of stray feathers, prompting him to sneeze. 

We landed on the roof too, walking up to stand with him as the birds lined the roof, watching us with their beady eyes.

"Where's that bird-brained Mr. Pigeon?" Chat Noir asked.

"He's gotta be here somewhere." We all began looking around, which only lasted about a second before the Pigeons suddenly began circling us, blocking our view.

"Call me crazy, but I feel like Birdseed all of a sudden." 

"Got any bright ideas, bug?" Chat Noir questioned. 

"You're the cats, don't you guys eat this things for breakfast?"

"You both do realize we're not actually animals, right?" I asked, trying to swat the birds away from me. Suddenly there was a loud clang noise, and we were separated from the Pigeons by a giant bird cage. "Ok, you guys seriously take this animal thing way too seriously."

Mr. Pigeon appeared, standing on a cloud of Pigeons. He cooed.

"Chirpy day! I'm so ruthless," He stated, "Your Miraculous! Give them to me, or face the wrath of my feathered friends."

Suddenly an idea popped into my head. If my Loyalty power can work on humans...I wonder if it can work on animals too.

"I have an idea," I whispered, "But to be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure how my powers work, so It might not work."

"Its worth a try." Ladybug said.

"We'll cover you." Chat Noir told me. I nodded as Mr. Pigeon blew into his bird call, causing the birds to begin banging on the roof of the cage.

"Da-da-dee on the count of three, my pigeons will open fire." The pigeons all turned around, lifting their tail feathers in our direction. I shook my head.

"Bird poop? That's your big threat?" I asked dryly. I sighed. "Ok, I guess its worth a shot. Pigeons...STOP!"

The soundwaves reverberated through the air, and Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Mr. Pigeon all covered their ears at the loudness of my roar ability. I sighed, looking at the pigeons that lined the cage.