Chapter Twelve: Party Time

As we walked into the house for lunch we found Mr. Agreste standing on the stairs with Nathalie and Nino standing on the floor in front of him. They were mid-conversation from the sound of it. 

"-he never screws up in class, he always does whatever you tell him. Photoshoots, fencing, Chinese, piano..."

"Nino, you're here?" Adrien asked, putting a hand on his best friend's shoulder. 

"Anything for my best bud," he told him, turning back to Mr. Agreste, "Show some awesomeness, dude...I mean sir, please!" 

"Forget it, Nino. Its fine." Adrien told him.

"Listen, young man," Mr. Agreste started, "I decide what's best for my son. In fact, I've decided you're a bad influence and you're not welcome in my house ever again! Leave now!" 

"Father, he was just trying to do something cool for me!" Adrien defended. His Dad ignored him, walking up the stairs as Nathalie stepped in front of the two boys.

"Goodbye." Nino turned angrily, fists clenched at his sides as he stalked towards the door. I gave Adrien an apologetic look as he chased after him.

"Nino, wait," he stopped him just outside of the door with a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry. My father, he's...pretty stubborn. Its just best to stay out of his way."

"Its not fair, Adrien...harsh...uncool." He crossed his arms, walking away and I moved to stand beside Adrien in the open doorway. 

"I'm really sorry." I whispered. He shook his head, walking back inside and shutting the door behind him. 

~~~

We ate lunch in a comfortable silence, because it didn't seem like Adrien was in the mood to talk anymore. So we ate our food, gathered our stuff, and walked into the foyer to prepare to head back to school. 

As we walked out the doors however, we found that Adrien's front yard had been transformed into a birthday party with a long table for food, a stage with instruments on it, and all of his friends standing in a group...except for Marinette and Nino, strangely enough. Adrien looked at me in surprise and I shrugged.

"Happy Birthday!' They all cheered.

"Hey Birthday boy!" We heard a voice come from above us, and we both looked up to see a guy in a strange costume standing on top of a floating purple bubble. "Daddy's gone, and while the cat's away, the mice will play."

"What the heck is that?!" I exclaimed. 

"Nino?" Adrien asked. I raised my eyebrows.

"That's Nino?!" I exclaimed. 

"He's been akumatized," A small voice whispered from my purse. I looked down to see Maane looking up at me, "Its the power of the Butterfly Miraculous. The holder has given Nino powers and turned him into a supervillian!" 

"What?!" I hissed, looking up at him again.

"The Bubbler's brought all your homies together for one single sole purpose to ce...le...brate!" They all cheered in response, but I suddenly got the feeling that they weren't doing this by choice. Nino or 'The Bubbler' as he called himself, jumped off of the bubble to land behind the DJ booth. "Let's get this party started!"

"Yeah!" He began playing music and everyone started dancing. I glanced over at Adrien just as he turned and ran back inside, presumably to transform into Chat Noir.

"Come on, everybody! I've brought you here to party! So dance, or else you'll join the adults up in the sky." My eyes widened and I turned to follow him when suddenly something poked into my back. I turned around to see that the Bubbler was standing there, his wand extended towards me. He reached forward, using it to tilt my chin upwards. "Get out there and dance, Eloise, or you're the next to go up."

Unable to do anything else in that moment, I slowly walked down the stairs and joined the others, dancing along to the music. 

"This is crazy. I have to find a way out of here." I whispered towards my bag.

"But what are you going to do?" Maane asked, "Even if you do manage to get away and transform, you don't know how to use your powers yet!"

"Yes, but we don't have time to sit around waiting for me to figure it out! Paris is in danger now, and if I have the ability to help, I have a responsibility to do so, don't I?" 

"Maybe you should just wait a little while longer. Ladybug and Chat Noir should show up soon, and they're more equipped to handle this kind of thing." I gasped.

"That's right!" I reached up, pulling the necklace that ladybug had given me out from underneath my shirt and pressing the button. 

Within seconds I felt a hand on my back and I whirled around to see Adrien behind me.

"Hey, are you ok?" He was fiddling with the collar of his shirt, so I could only presume the necklace alerted him.

"No, not really," I said honestly,  "Adrien, I don't-" I heard someone clear their throat and looked up to see the Bubbler giving me a threatening look. I closed my mouth at that, shaking my head. Adrien, not knowing what was going on apparently, grabbed my hand and began twirling me around. 

This only lasted a moment though, because the boppy dance music changed to a slow romantic song, and Adrien stopped spinning me as everyone coupled up. He turned his attention back to me, holding out a hand.

"Wanna dance?" I looked at his hand hesitantly, but another glare from the bubbler had me taking his hand and allowing him to pull me in closer. He grabbed both of my hands, wrapping them around his neck before placing his own on my waist and pulling me against him. I sighed, putting my head beside his in the hopes that I could whisper to him without Nino noticing.

"Adrien, we have to do something about this." I whispered, turning my face towards him as Nino's eyes fell on me.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"I mean-"

"Out of the way, Cartier. I requested this song for Adrikins and I!" Chloe wrapped her arms around his neck and Adrien looked at me apologetically. I sighed, inching away from him and searching for an opportunity to escape from the crowd.

If Adrien was notified, then that must mean that Marinette was too. So where is she?

My question was answered as a record with a very distinct pattern on it flew through the air, landing on the turn table and changing to slow dance into an upbeat song once again. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around just in time to see a flash of red and black disappear behind the wall that encircled the house. 

"I hope you know what you're doing Ladybug." I whispered.

"Where have you been, girl?! I was so scared something had happened to you!" I whirled around at the sound of Alya's voice to see her locked in an embrace with Marinette. I furrowed my eyebrows.

What?! So you mean to tell me that one of their friends have been Akumatized, all of their classmates are being held hostage at a party, and both Marinette and Adrien had the opportunity to suit up and save the day and are choosing to just putter around as their normal selves and take their sweet time?!

Well...I guess I'll have to take matters into my own hands.