The Back Story

⚠⚠⚠Big trigger warning everyone this chapter contains abuse of all types except sexual read at your own will!⚠⚠⚠

"The earliest memory I have of my life is the day my mother left. She didn't tell me where she went but before she left she gave me this necklace as an apology I guess. I blame my step father.. For everything that happened before and after that. He was an alcoholic. Every night after work he had 8 beers or more. The alcohol made him critical and abusive. If things weren't done correctly it was my fault. Whether it be the laundry, dishes, or crumbs on the table it was my fault. I remember him coming home one night I was eating the left over saltines. I accidentally broke it all the crumbs went on the floor. I tried sweeping them up but he saw me. He grabbed me by both arms and threw me to the floor. Whenever he got home I would run straight to the dryer hiding inside till he fell asleep or I was hungry. Sometimes he'd find me and lock me in it for hours on end. He even turned off the lights leaving me in darkness. " I took a deep shakey breath a small tear running down my cheek. Shota placed his hand on my cheek wiping it. I placed my hand on his holding it as I continued. "Hide and seek was another of his sadistic games. Whenever he got fired from one of his many jobs he'd come home acting happy and nice. He'd tell me to go hide. I'd have 10 minutes exactly cause that's how long it took him to drink a whole glass of beer. Crazy I know. As soon as 10 minutes where up he'd come looking with the empty bottle in hand. I'd use my quirk most of the time to hide in spaces he'd never find. It was smart tactic I gotta admit.Cause you didn't want to be found.Not when he had the bottle atleast.If he found you he'd take the bottle and smack you with it till it broke. It took 2 times for me to learn that. I hid in my closet behind some clothes one time. And well he ended up finding me, dragging me out, and smacking me with the bottle right on my head it broke on the first hit. But that didn't stop him." I lifted some hair reveling the scar "I woke up my head bleeding and my vision blurry. It was raining that night so I decided to go out and clean the wound with collected rain water. He must have been following me because as soon as I stepped outside he locked me out there. It was thundering and lightening. He left me out there all night till the next morning I snuck back inside. The rain is nice and soothing but now storms they frighten me.." I paused and took another shakey breath."y/n if you need a bre-" "Im ok..But the worst part was he had the worst quirk I've ever experienced. It was mental/emotional manipulation. He could alter my mental state whenever he wanted . It was easy for him to conceal the abuse with his quirk when someone suspected it he would make them think everything was ok. He had more control over mine though because I was young. He did it so much he has a permanent connection to my mental state now. He can make me remember everything, make me sad, make me happy , or just destroy me all together. When he went to prison he stopped but recently he has been doing it. I think its because he has access to my feelings and he has been noticing how happy I've been.. I think that explains the dreams, the passing out, and what happened in the kitchen... He made all the bad memories flash in my mind over again. I also think its because his release date is getting closer. The closer his release gets the more he is gonna use his quirk. " Shota interrupted "y/n I won't let you deal with it alone. I'll protect you from him at all cost. But how do you know he'll be looking for you when he gets out. " "because at the trial when he was convicted he stood up and pointed at me screaming that he would be back and that he would find me if that's the last thing he ever did." "why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" "Because I didn't want to scare you away and he knows when I remember him so I don't like talking about him often" " Y/n when I used my quirk on you did I... " I looked down in shame. Aizawa froze he looked angry but not at me at himself "Shota its ok you didn't know..." I placed my hand on his. He took my hand and kissed it before pulling me into his lap. " Thank you for telling me and.. I'm sorry" he wrapped his arms around me as I rested against him. "is there anything I can do to help when he attacks?" "just you holding me is nice " "Well..for you" he said showing me his arms. " d-did I do this..." "its ok it didn't hurt" " But.. I -I'm sorry.." "Its okay I know you didn't mean to " I grabbed his arm running my thumb over the scratches and marks. He pulled away before he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "its fine don't worry about it" he kissed my cheek. I nodded and gave him a soft smile. I checked his clock seeing it was already 5 pm. "How long was I out for? " "3 hours" He replied. I nodded and grabbed my phone. So many messages. I leaned back against him.