Bone Carver

Disclaimer: the pictures do not ever belong to me this one belongs to morgana0anagrom on Instagram thank you

I don't really know what I was doing wandering around the night court all on my own. Mor told me that it would be much more safer in Velaris if I want to just take a walk, but I was stubborn.

And I said no.

So here I am walking through a forest terrified for my life because I can hear two footsteps coming towards me, and because they're coming towards me I know that the person, or creature, already knows I'm here.

I'm fucked.

Before the footsteps reach me I sprint as fast as I can, not knowing which way to go, I duck underneath trees and jump over logs. Somehow I don't see a root that's sticking out of the ground and I fall face first into the dirt and grass.

"Fuck." I don't bother getting up quickly because the thing that was following me is already right behind me, and I know I'm doomed.

Slowly I lift my head and rise from the ground. I mean if it wanted to kill me it would've already done it right? Right?!

I turn around and when my eyes meet his I feel the bond snap into place.

He cocks his head to one side and has a hint of amusement on his face. "You're my mate."

"Yeah..." my voice trails off. "Uhmmm...were you trying to kill me?" I ask in a small voice.

"No. I was actually trying to get you to answer a question of mine but it seems like I've already figured it out." He smiles. And when I say it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen I mean it.

"Oh."

He hums, "Do you know who I am?"

"No, should I?"

"Well I was an extremely dangerous criminal," He states, "I still am." He adds as an afterthought.

My eyes widen as I take a step back. "You're the bone carver?"

His nod says it all.

"What do you see?" He asks me.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"I appear to everyone as someone different, so what do I appear to you as?"

"Well... you have wavy black hair that stops right beneath your ears, your eyes change in color so I can't really tell, and the veins on your neck and underneath your eyes are very prominent and visible," His eyes widen as I speak. "What?"

"You see through my illusions." He furrows his eyebrows "How?" He asks.

"For starters I am your mate." I state blankly.

He chuckles and it's at that moment I just want to die. His laugh is beautiful- all I want to do is replay it in my head over and over again.

"So what's your name then?" He asks me.

"Y/n"

He smiles, "Beautiful, just like you."

"Well I know that's definitely a lie because I just fell face first into dirt, and I know for a fact I look like a tree right now." Sure enough when I run a hand through my hair I pull out sticks and grass. I grimace, "Gods, how in the world have you not said anything to me, or even managed to keep a straight face with me looking like this?!"

"It's called practice love," He smirks.

"Oh fuck you."

"First let's get you cleaned up and get to know each other yeah?"

"Oh my gosh!" I put my hand on my forehead as I walk the other way. I hear his soft laughter behind me as he continues to walk with me.

His arm wraps around my waist and I lean into his side, "Let's get you out of this forest."

————————————————————
A/n: oml this is the first one anyways if you guys have any requests I'm open to a lot of characters from Acotar