Thesan 🌅

A/n: Ik, Ik I've made this wayyy more modern than the book, but it's fineeeee

You slam the door open to Nesta's room, knowing that Gwyn and Emerie were in there too. "Guess who just found out who their fucking mate is?" You scream at everyone.

"Really?!"

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I definitely felt it." You state, pursing your lips. "You know what the worst part is?! He has to look so damn good! AND HE'S RESPECTFUL!"

"Oh wow. Who is this guy, and how'd you meet him?" Nesta asks.

"Remember that meeting I had to go to at the Dawn Court two days ago?" They nod, "Yeah, and you guys also know that I've never been there... well- I met Thesan, not really met but I was writing things down for Rhys, and I don't think he knows, but yeah uhmm... he's my mate." A pregnant silence follows my words, as everyone's mouths hang open in shock. I flop onto Nestas bed with a groan, "I have to meet him tomorrow in person according to Rhys."

"So you're mad that you're mated to the high lord of the Dawn court?" Emerie blandly states.

"Well I'm not mad I'm just confused. Why him? I'm not even fit to be with a high lord of a beautiful court like that."

"Oh hush y/n you're perfectly fit to be with anyone."

"But-"

"No."

"Ugh, you're mean." I frown, "Any pointers for tomorrow?" I ask hopefully.

"Nope, just be normal. You'll be fine y/n." Gwyn tells me with a pat on my cheek. I scrunch my nose, and put a pillow on my face. This'll be fun...

~¥~

The next day...

"Shit I'm late." I rush out of bed, and go to the restroom. I look like an absolute mess... my hair is tousled, and my makeup that I forgot to take off my face last night is smudged. Great.

I start with my face, using a lot of water to get everything off. Then I work with my hair, the tangles, then I begin to braid it, and add a clip, which is a trail of golden leaves, to the top of the braid. Perfect. Lastly I add some kohl to my eyes, and paint my lips a light shade of rose. I admire myself in the mirror for a little while, then remember... I'm late.

Quickly I throw open the closet door, and search through my clothes. My hand brushes past a silky dress, and I bring my hand back to it. I take it out, and it's perfect; it's a silky calf length dress that fades from white to black, with a golden collar. The sleeves also flow in the breeze, It's absolutely perfect.

I slip the dress on, and pull on some shorts underneath. I hurry and slip some heels on, which are also black, with a gold marble-like- design. I take a look at myself one more time in the mirror, and smile... I look gorgeous.

~¥~

Winnowing was kind of a trouble for me, since I'm still learning. First, I ended up in a forest near the Day Court, and next I ended up in the middle of the day court... almost there? This time I focus, I focus on getting to the Dawn Court, I focus on getting to Thesan... for a split second I get the feeling of falling, and just as fast as it was there it vanishes.

I hit a wall, and fall to the ground with my hand on my head, "Gods, I am never doing that again..." I groan and push myself to my feet. My eyes focus around the room, and I blink a few times. The wall isn't there anymore. Actually it seems as if it was never there... that can only mean- shit.

My hands fly up to cover my face, as if I'll disappear into thin air at some point. Slowly, very slowly, I take my hands off my face to see the High Lord of the Dawn Court smirking down at me. "Need a hand?" If he felt the bond, he hasn't shown any recognition of it. It disappointed me a bit.

I purse my lips, "No, I can get up myself thank you." Somehow I'd found my confidence, and that was a definite blessing.

I stand up and brush off the dust from my dress, "So, where do we sit? It's impolte to keep a Lady waiting, you know?" I raise an eyebrow slightly.

He smiles lazily, "Right this way then, Lady." He gestures toward the tables and chairs that Rhys was sitting in just two days ago. I follow him, and he pulls the chair out and as I sit down he leans over and whispers in my ear, "We're going to have a little chat later, up in my rooms... I think you know exactly what this chat will be about." When he pulls away, your eyes follow him until he sits down as well...

(Time skip to the end of the conversation bc Idk how to be professional :/ )

"I never caught your name," He tells me, legs crossed, and tea in hand.

"Well you never asked," I answer with a smirk on my face.

He smiles back at me with a qwirk to his eyebrows, "Well then, would you mind telling me what your name is?"

"Y/n, my name is y/n." I respond, a smile playing on my lips.

"Nice to meet you y/n, my dear mate."

Though shocked you smiled, "Nice to meet you too."

~¥~

A/n: this has been in my drafts for god knows how long and I just decided to conclude it quickly *sigh* now I have to go study for a 50 question history test aha I'm depressed...

Anyways! Requests are being worked on and much love to all of you for reading this ♥️

Sincerely,
Your sleep deprived hijabi ♥️