Eris (Part 2)

A/n: lol I took that picture about a month ago :)

I can't help but be shocked at Eris's words the whole wedding. I just keep a grip on his arm when we have to go talk to Beron. "So y/n when do you plan on having children?" He asks me and I just stare at him speechless. I don't even want children now maybe a few hundred or so years later in my life, but not now!

"Father." Eris's cold voice cuts in before I can say anything.

"I'm just curious, you are going to need an heir," He stated matter-of-factly.

I put on a fake smile, "Of course- maybe later on in life." I nodded.

I could see Beron become slightly frustrated, "But by later on you do mean soon, no?

"Uhmmm... yes of course!" I said not wanting to anger him. "Good, good." He practically slumped, relaxing.

I can feel Eris's stare on me, he takes a sharp breath, and says loud enough for people to hear, "y/n is probably tired right now I'm going to take her to the room, and we can talk again tomorrow." All heads turn to us, and my father walks up to me and embraces me in a hug, "I love you my sweet child, please visit me soon." I feel tears well up in my eyes at his words.

"Of course." That is all I can manage to say without breaking down in front of everyone.

When I pull away I feel a pair of eyes on me, and I turn around Rhysand, the high lord of the Night court is looking at me. We have a brief history, he taught me how to use my powers correctly, but it's been a while and I'd highly doubt that Beron would approve of me talking to him. So I break eye contact and open a small window through my mental shields.

Y/n are you going to be okay? Because if not I can take you to Velaris, and you'd be completely safe there.

Rhys stop worrying I'm going to be fine, just be glad it's not any of the other brothers I've married.

He grins well then just know that I'll be there for you if you ever need me.

Of course, thank you.

I think Eris is getting suspicious of you. We should stop 'talking' now.

Yeah, that's probably for the best, and thank you again. As soon as he leaves my mind I look up to see Eris with a hard look on his face "What were you doing?"

"Nothing," I reply.

He rolls his eyes, "Liar."

I smirk at him, "Are you supposed to be bringing me to the house?" He just rolls his eyes again and walks towards the gates. "Oh, you're so easy to rile up." I jog towards him or at least walk fast- as fast as I can in these stupid heels.

When we get out of the 'wedding place' I immediately stop at a nearby tree, and he pauses too, "What?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"I'm taking these stupid heels off, they're killing me." I hold the tree for support as I take them both off and slump to the ground. I groan, "I don't think I can walk any longer, or even stand up for that matter." I close my eye and hear the leaves rustle as he comes closer.

His arms go under my legs and behind my back, and before I know it he's pulled me up and against his chest. I shriek, "What are you doing?!" I try to get down but his arms are too secure around me.

"Well, you did say you couldn't walk." He looks down at me.

I blush and hide my head in his chest, "I didn't mean for you to pick me up. Also, this is too much of a trouble," My voice muffled by his chest.

"Nonsense," he says.

I lift my head from his chest, "This dress is so uncomfortable." I groan throwing my head back in exaggeration.

That brings a small smile to his lips, "I almost forgot you don't have any clothes," he presses his lips together, "and I forgot to get you some."

"Well, then I guess I'll just be stealing yours for a while," I smirk.

He hums and looks down at me, "it won't be stealing if I willingly give them to you."

"Oh how pitiful, I was planning on stealing something today."

He smiles and looks back at the path. If I could stop time in this exact moment I would, just so I could see that smile for a while longer. "You should do that more."

"Do what?"

"Smile"

He doesn't reply but a small smile plays on his lips, and soon enough we've reached the front door. He gently puts me down and opens the door.

————————————————————-

At this point I've taken a shower and cleaned up, now I'm sitting on the bed, wearing Eris' clothes, looking out the window waiting for Eris to get out of the shower. I was overreacting when I thought he was going to be abusive. At least we don't live with his family. His mother seems nice, but his brothers must be terrifying.

I hear the bathroom door open, "Enjoying the sunset?"

I smile, "It's beautiful." I stare at the mesmerizing colors of the sky. I turn to him, his hair is wet, but he's fully clothed. "You know, you aren't as bad as everyone makes you out to be."

He scoffs, "You'll change your mind soon, don't worry."

"I know it's all faked, the 'love' for your father, and when you agree to everything he says," I say looking into his amber eyes. "I see through the mask you put on for everyone Eris. You may think you're a monster- a lot of people may think that about you, but I'll be here. I don't know you completely yet, but I do want to get to know you. The real you." He stands there, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"Y/n I don't understand- you know all the bad that I've done why do you want to be kind to me?"

"We can't undo the past Eris, but we can create a new future- not just for you, for both of us. My life was a wreck before I got here, and it still is, but I'm determined to fix it day by day."  I stand up placing my hands in his, "We both will."

Tears well up in his eyes and he doesn't say anything, he just pulls me against his chest. "You'll really help?"

"Until the end, Eris."

He pulls back and tightly holds both my hands in his tightly, he looks into my eyes, "Until the end."

————————————————————

A/n: I have no clue where I was even going with this oml- this one was such a struggle to finish because I had no idea what was going to come next, but it's fineeeee. Anyways the next ones gonna be our emo bat boy Azriel