Eris (part 1)

Ac: 🎨 by Vmiae on insta (I can't get over how much I love the art style)

——————————————————

I lie in my bed feeling nothing but betrayal. My father-High Lord of Summer-betrothed me to the eldest son of Autumn.

"Y/n please, you have to understand why I've done this." Father pleads from the doorway.

"The only reason you did this was because you want to get rid of your only child, now that mother's dead, you just can't stand me!" I shout as tears roll down my cheek. "Just go, you've done enough father now leave me alone."

He sighs and walks away muttering to himself.

A few hours later I sigh and get up from my bed. What's done is done I go to the bathroom and splash some water on my face. I need some fresh air.

I don't go out my bedroom door, because I know that my father is waiting for me to talk to him. I'm too frustrated to talk to him. I open my balcony door and look down. No guards. I jump down and land on my feet. My evening dress wasn't the best to take a walk to the beach with, but it's better than nothing.

I feel the cool sea breeze on my face before I reach the sandy surface. I sit on a rock near the water and pull my knees to my chest. I sit there and just think...

No one will come to my safety, there's no backing down from what my father has put on me, and all I can do is hope that my training will help me if anything does happen.
————————————————————

It was currently three in the morning, and I couldn't sleep at all. The wedding is in five hours, and I feel horrible.

What if he beats me? Well I mean... I have had training for a reason it would be a shame to put it to waste. What if his brothers beat me?! What if they all team up on me? They could kill me... Bile rises in my throat at the thought.

I calm myself down as the time passes and the sun begins to rise. I softly sing to myself an old song, in a language that isn't spoken anymore, my mother would sing to me every night... tears begin to pool in my eyes but I pay them no heed, even as they start to trail down my cheeks, I continue to sing.

I don't realize that someone's standing at my door until I finish the song and wipe the tears that ran down my face. "You sound just like your mother." My father, Tarquin, says from the doorway.

I know I'm being selfish but I just turn my head and stare out the window. Seconds later I hear his footsteps come towards the bed and it dips down as he sits down. "Y/n look at me. Please," he pleads when I don't acknowledge him.

I sigh and look at him with tired eyes, "What father? What could you possibly want." I feel horrible for treating him this way, but I'm so fed up with everything right now. The least he could do was leave me be until the wedding.

"Y/n please you must understand how much I didn't want to do this, but Beron's given me no choice. I was in debt of him, and the only options he gave me was to let his eldest son marry my daughter or let him take you away and never see you again," at this point tears were starting to form in my fathers eyes, "after your mother's death you're the only on that's keeping me sane, you're keeping me from becoming like Tamlin has to his court, so please I can understand if you don't want to speak with me for now, but please don't make me suffer more than I already have y/n." I know this is true because this is the first time my father has ever showed this type of emotion towards me... I've never seen him like this- with tears in his eyes.

I've been silently looking at him so he took that as get out of my room I don't want you near me. But I don't feel that way towards him, not at all. So when he gets up and starts walking towards the door I throw the covers off of my legs and jump out of bed, I go towards him and embrace him in a hug as I start crying on his shoulder. No matter how much I didn't want to show any emotion I just couldn't bare to see him like this.

"I'm sorry"

He just hugs me tighter, "No if anyone has to be sorry it's me, I don't need you to forgive me, but just don't forget me when you go to Autumn I need you in my life, I will forever need you."

"Never, I will never forget you."

(20 minutes before the wedding)

I'm at the Autumn court, and I'm wearing my wedding dress. It's red with embroidery on the chest going down. The fabric stops shortly at my legs, and from the waist all the way to the ground are red gems that shine in the sunlight.

On my head I am wearing a red and gold spiked halo crown that's only purpose is holding my hair out of my face. I have a dark red veil covering my face, and I am standing behind a curtain that's keeping anyone but my father from seeing me. A professional also did my makeup, I hate makeup but my likes and dislikes need to be pushed aside for today. I'll also be seeing Eris for the first time in 12 years, but I highly doubt he's changed much.

It's time... everyone takes their seats, by everyone I mean all the high lords, Beron's family, and their plus one's- excluding Tamlin of course (the lovesick motherfucker). Beron only wanted the "Important people" to witness his eldest getting married.

The music begins to softly play, as my father offers me his arm, which I take with shaking hands as I realize the curtain is starting to open. I keep my head held high, but refuse to look at Eris. I know he's looking at me, but I can't bring my eyes to him. When we reach the steps I look down at Eris' shoes, refusing to look into his eyes.

He reaches his hand out for me, and I take it as he walks me up the stairs. Now he takes both of my hands, and holds them in mine. His hands are cold, but they're warming up in mine. He says his vows, then it's my turn. I hesitate, my lip begins to quiver, I quickly say my vows and will myself not to cry.

"You are now husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Eris lifts my veil, and I can't help myself when a tear escapes my eye. I must be hallucinating, but I see his face soften. He takes hold of my face and gives me a peck on the lips. When he pulls away everyone has stood up- they start to clap, and talk amongst one another.

He leads me down the stairs and towards the crowds. Before we reach anyone he pulls me towards him, and whispers in my ear, "I'm sorry, I know you don't want this." Then pulls away like he didn't say anything that stone cold mask back on his face.

————————————————————-

A/n: sorry guys I have to make a part two because this is getting really long hope you like it so far. Btw I havnt even proofread this so if there's any mistakes just ignore them for now I'll fix them later.