Azriel🌌

I'm in Velaris. On the edge of a cliff. In the night, when the Night Court comes to life.

I lie on my back, and a smile forms on my lips when I hear a familiar set of footsteps coming my way. I close my eyes and inhale deeply as Azriel, with his shadows coiling around us protectively, lies next to me with his wings tucked in tightly on his back.

My eyes, which were closed this entire time, flutter open. With another soft smile, I move closer to Az. He returns the smile and wraps his arms around me as we both look up to admire the city of starlight.

Together we lie there, the sound of crickets can be heard off in the distance... Our breaths slightly clouding in the late winter air. I reach for his scarred hand and tightly hold it in mine, never wanting this moment to end.

I softly begin to him a tune my mother used to lull me to sleep with every night when I was most restless. My humming slowly fades as I feel my eyes begin to grow heavy.

Softly, but surely I hear a deeper version of the tune I was humming. I smile sleepily when I realize it's Azriel... My friend, my mate, my husband, my lover.

As I feel myself being pulled into a peaceful abyss I hear him whisper softly in my ear as he wraps me in his arms and unfolds his wings, "I love you y/n." As I fall into the universe of dreams I feel Az lift off from the cliff with me in his arms as he softly kisses my forehead and continues towards the House of Wind...

————————————————————

A/n: I know this one is really short but believe it or not it means quite a lot to me... I wrote this on paper about a month ago when I was at my lowest. I felt the need to write myself a reality where I was happy, and it was peaceful. Anyways I hope you found some comfort in this one.✨