25│Sounds of Fireworks

Today a firework scene;
Tomorrow comes the festival

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Somehow, you just felt familiar, that's all"

"oh? How so?" Koro-sensei tilted his head in interest before continuing "I'm pretty sure no one had ever seen a creature like me before!"

And once again, Kamiko stayed silent. Merely eyeing him with a vacant stare.

Her staring made him uncomfortable no doubt. 

But despite that, Koro-sensei did his best to keep his breathing steady; His face now turned to the other side, making it impossible for her to see any of his facial expressions. 

"I suppose that's true" Kamiko curtly responded before letting out a sigh"I apologize for taking up your time then." 

"There's no problem at all!" He beamed, tentacles caressing her head as if it's giving her a small pat. "How could i turn down a student of mine! Now then--"

"Hey! Koro-sens-- oh! You're here too, Kamiko" Untimely, Kayano shouted, behind her are the rest of the class. Hands filled with equipment for the fireworks.

"Oh! Is it that time already?" Koro-sensei grinned, eyes practically sparkling at the various fireworks brought by his students.

"Heh~, is genius-chan too excited for the foreworks?" Karma questioned,quickly standing right beside the girl who still remained impassive "Is that why you came here early?" 

The coral haired girl gave him a glance before answering "I guess, i never saw fireworks from up close befo--"

Maehara who happened to overheard the two gasped in disbelief "For real?! That means this is your first time?" 

Kamiko nodded, eyes flickering to rest of her peers who began to chatter around. Face painted with dibelief.

"How could that be?! "

"Don't worry Kamiko! We'll definitely make your first fireworks an enjoyable time!" Kurahashi cheered 

"Yeah.."

Ayanokouji Kamiko, doesn't have any memories of summer. One that's worth remembering that is.

But she does remember seeing fireworks. 

Back in the facility, she could see tiny flare of lights through her window. But that's it.

Three lonesome flares launched up to the eerie night. 

Since it has been a long time, she couldn't remember what she thought of those distant lights.

'What was it again?'

The memory itself was already quite hazy and it seems like recalling a transiet moment from her early childhood days appeared to be impossible for her to do. 

"What are you thinking so seriously about?" Karma's voice interjected, cutting her thoughts short 

"It's nothing serious"

"Is that so~ " He prolonged, mercury eyes glazed as he suddenly leaned down "I still can't believe you've never seen fireworks before --are you some kind of sheltered mistress or something?" 

"That's none of your concern" She quickly answered

Karma faltered, genuinely surprised at the use of tone.

It was sharp and cold, quite a contrast to her usual monotone voice. It was a fleeting moment but Karma could see how her eyes narrowed at the night sky.

'Is she angry?'

The soft waves came and went, nearly reaching their feet. The cool and breezy ocean wind softly hit their faces, resulting in their hair fluttering along the wind's direction before finally subsiding.

Though, that silent moment was quickly ruptured when Nagisa came, offering the coral haired girl a small smile 

"Let's go Ayanokouji-san, the fireworks are going to start soon!" He joyously chirped, hands motioning towards the rest of her peers who seemed to be waiting for the trio.

Expressions painted with a blossoming smile as the moonlight shone

"Okay" She answered before following the short male, Karma trailing slightly behind the duo with an unreadable face. 

From that point on, time went by slowly.

And her desolated eyes widened ever so slightly. 

Kamiko looked up to see a silent spark explode into a thousand extroardinary particles of light. It conquered the eerie night, never failing to make the onlookers feel so infinite. The incessant booming of fireworks on that tiny island never failed to capture the attention of every person below.

In some way, she wanted this night to go on forever 

Various exuberant colors suddenly emerged, laminating everything else that stands below those radiant sparks 

Ah, she suddenly remembered..

"It's nice isn't it?" Nagisa queried, his voice sounded muffled compared to the loud roar of fireworks in the background. 

Nonetheless, Ayanokouji still heard it. 

And with lucid hues she responded.

"Yeah, it's pretty "

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃