Meeting Dom

As soon as he left I threw myself back into fixing my car. I had just finished when a tall muscular bald guy came running around the corner, and I could hear sirens in the distance and knew they were after him. “What’d you do?” I asked as he came running over.

“Racing.” He replied looking for someplace to hide.

“Jump in.” I said with a smirk, as I started up the Nova and pulled out of the parking lot. I had just gotten up to speed when the cops cars came flying around the corner. “Put this over your head.” I said pulling the scarf off my neck. “There are sunglasses in the glove box, put those on to, and cover up with the blanket at your feet.”

“Pull the car over immediately.” Come the command from one of the cop cars.

“Act like you’re asleep.” I said with a wink pulling over to the side of the road and getting out my fake ID and Registration. Then I rolled down the window.

“License and Registration please.” Came the voice of the male cop at my window.

“Shh, my friend has had a long day. Is there anything I can help you with?” I asked batting my lashes at the officer at the window.

“Maybe you can help. Have you seen a man about 6 foot tall bald with a leather jacket on? He was last seen in this area.” The cop said looking a little sheepishly at me before handing my stuff back to me.

“Why no I haven’t sir, is he dangerous?” I asked coyly with just the right amount of fear in my voice.

“Nothing for you to worry about ma’am, damn street racer. You have a nice night, and get your friend there home.” He said then walked back to his car. I sat there until he took off around me to continue to scan the area. I turned to look at the guy in my passengers’ seat and couldn’t help but bust out laughing.

“Sorry dude, but you make one ugly girl.” I said between giggles, and then he started talking off the things I had given him to cover his identity. I sat there and studied him for a minute, and noticed he was actually really attractive. He looked at me with those warm brown eyes and the last of my chuckles stopped as we stared at each other for a minute. He raised his hand to rest it on my cheek, but I jerked away, and turned the car back on throwing the walls back up around me. “Where to?” I asked pulling back onto the road.

“Erm, it’s actually back the other way. By the way, the names Dom.” He said looking at me then back out the front window.

“Amelia.” After glancing around and seeing no one around I did a quick U-turn and started driving.

“So why did you help me out back there?” he asked turning to look at me.

“Racing isn’t something to go to jail over.” I said as I continued to follow his directions back to his house.

“You’re new in town.” He stated and I jerked my head in his direction to look at him before looking back at the road. “I know everyone in the area.” He explained at my look. “Do you have someplace to stay tonight?”

“Figured I’d stay in my car tonight and find someplace in the morning.” I said not looking away from the road.

“You could stay at my place, you know as a thank you for saving my ass back there, there’s an empty room upstairs if you want it.” He said as we pulled up to his house. It looked like there was a massive party going on.

“I think I’ll pass.” I said staring up at the house full of people.

“At least come in for a drink.” He said leaning down to look at me through the open door. 

“Alright, I guess I could come in for one drink.” I said taking the hand he offered me when I got around the car.