The Final Confrontation

(photo is Jared) 

The next day we enacted our plan, or at least we tried to. Dom dropped me off at the garage, and I gave him a kiss before he drove off. I hung out with the guys fixing cars until lunch, by this time Dom had already snuck into the office. I continued to work on the car I was fixing as the guys went to lunch. They left me alone for about an hour, but nothing happened. I knew he was outside watching, but he never got out of the car. When the guys got back he drove away. This continued for the next week until I finally got fed up with it.

I had been tossing and turning on my bed for most of the night so I decided to finally take my challenger for a drive. I could tell it needed a few things fixed so I drove over to the garage. Once my car was in the garage I closed the big door and started working on my car. About ten minutes later I heard the door to the garage open, and then close again, and turned to see Jared standing by the door.

“I was wondering when you were going to make your move.” I said looking around the garage to see where everything was placed. 

“Did you think I wouldn’t know that brute you always keep around you was here? I knew he was just through that door the entire time waiting to rip my head off my shoulders.” Jared said pointing toward the office.

“So you caught on. I guess you finally learned to use more than just your fist.” I said taunting him. ‘It’s just like the fight with Hobbs or Dom.’ I said to myself, ‘Taunt him until he rushes me, use his momentum against him, then beat him till he stops move.’

He started walking toward me as I backed to where the heavier tools were sitting on the bench. He followed my every move as I continued to taunt him. Eventually he got close enough to grab me and threw me to the other side of the garage. ‘Damn it.’ I thought to myself getting back to my feet.

“So it’s going to be like that is it?” I asked and laughed when he started coming at me again. I had been carrying a knife on me just in case, but I wasn’t going to pull it unless I absolutely needed it. I dodged him when he went to grab me this time and punched him straight in the stomach. I watched his fist snake out and hit me in the jaw before I had time to dodge, and had to shake my head to get the sparkling lights to disappear from in front of my eyes. “That all you got?” I asked dancing away from him so he had to come at me again. He followed my every move in that same precise movement that he had always had about him. We exchanged a few more blows, some landing, and some missing.

“This the only way you can feel like a man now? Got to beat up on women to get your kicks. You’re just a sick twisted fuck with daddy issues. Did daddy not love you enough, or did he love you too much?” I said wiping the blood away from my forehead where he had smashed my head into the edge of a table. “I hope you know only one of us is walking out of here alive tonight.” I said, knowing I was finally starting to hit nerves. I watched as he finally lost his cool, and came rushing at me.

I grabbed his arm as he came running at me and used his momentum to throw him to the ground. Once he was down I followed him and started to repeatedly punch him in the face. When he started to fight back to much I grabbed one of the tools that were scattered around us on the floor and continued to hit him with it over and over until he stopped moving, until he wasn’t even breathing.

Once I knew he wouldn’t be moving I got off him and went to wash the blood off my hands setting the tool down on the top of my car as I walked by it. Once my hands were clean I went to work straightening the garage back up. I was still just going through the motions when Dom came squealing into the drive at 7:00 that morning. He had opened up the big garage door before taking one look around and slamming it shut again. I turned to look at him as he came in the small door. He was already on the phone with Hobbs.