Fighting With Letty

I woke up feeling a blanket being pulled over me. “We need to get this son of a bitch.” Hobbs said, and started to run his hand over my hair.

“You telling me I have permission to kill the bastard?” I heard Dom reply.

“I’m saying subdue him by any means necessary, but you have to let him make the first move.”

“And I’m guessing I couldn’t provoke him into making the first move and get away with it.”

“You’re guessing right.”

“So want do we do?”

“Use me as bait.” I said interrupting their conversation. “You take me to drop me off at the garage while the others are there and leave. Sneak in the back and wait in the office. When the others go to lunch I’ll stay behind. Since he’ll think I’m alone he’ll take the chance to punish me.”

“And what’s to say he just take you somewhere else?” Dom asked. I could hear the anger in his voice at the thought of putting me in that kind of danger.

“It’s not the way he works. He’s got to make a statement first. He’s got to say “See she’s not even safe here.” He’s got to hurt you to, because you kept me from him for so long, because you’re the one I ran to when I was him at my house.”

“It’s a good plan. You have control there. Set up a camera in the garage so you can watch it from the office. After the first hit take him out. Call me when it’s done, and I’ll take care of everything else.” Hobbs said to Dom leaving the room. A few minutes later I heard my Challenger start and drive away.

“Hobbs is going to take it, and clean it out for you, and then to get professionally cleaned.” Dom said when I sat up to look at the window. “Mia wanted me to ask if you want her to stay with you tonight, Letty has offered to as well.”

“I’d like that.” I said rolling onto my back to look at Dom.

“We should probably get you into some pajamas then.” Dom said helping me to sit up. Once I sat up on the edge of the bed it revealed the mess that my feet were. “What did you do?”

“I kind of broke your bathroom mirror.” I said staring at the floor.

“I’m going to go get Mia. Don’t move.” He said and then walked out of the room.

Once the door was shut behind him I grabbed the ashtray that was sitting on the bedside table. I put it on the bed beside me, and started pulling the larger pieces of glass out of feet. When Mia and Dom walked back into the room with a medical kit my feet were dripping blood all over the floor. I had been so entranced by the blood that just kept dripping onto the floor that I didn’t hear them come in. “I’m going to get Letty. I think you’re going to need some help.” Dom said before walking back out the door.

She walked over to me and knelt down by my feet. After studying it for a minute she set it down and looked at the other one. “Lay down on your stomach.” She said standing back up, and walked over to turn on the light.

When she turned around I hadn’t moved, I looked at her hands that were now covered in my blood before looking up at her. “What did I do wrong?” I whispered. That was the question that had plagued my mind from the day my parents died. “What did I do to deserve this?” I saw the tears well up in her eyes before Letty walked into the bedroom.

“Lay down on your stomach.” Letty said walking over to where I was sitting. I nodded my head before turning to lay down on my stomach. I heard a gasp from Mia and I heard Letty’s sharp intake of breath before I heard someone run out the door slamming it behind them. “It’ll be ok.” Letty said before she knelt down and started cleaning the mess I had made of my feet.