The Café

When we got to the café we both got out of the car laughing. “You have got to let me do that again sometime.” I said putting the keys to his charger in my pocket.

“What are you doing with those?” he asked walking over to me as I backed away from him.

“Nothing.” I said with an innocent look on my face.

“Give me the keys.” Dom said crossing his arms over his chest trying to look intimidating.

I pretended to think about it for a minute before shouting no, and running into the café. Dom chased me into the café and around a few tables before finally catching me and picking me up off my feet.

“Give me the keys.” He repeated as swinging me around.

“No.” I said stubbornly. He dropped me on the table and started tickling me.

“Last chance, give me the keys.” He said as he continued to tickle me.

“No. I. . . I’m in love with your car.” I yelled as he tickled me. Everyone started to laugh causing us to realize that we were not alone in the café. I looked around and blush as I slipped off the table, and Dom rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. I started edging away from Dom and toward Mia who was standing behind the counter. I had just managed to duck down behind the counter when Dom realized I was no longer standing beside him.

“Catch that woman!” he yelled when he didn’t see me. “She’s got my keys.” Mia started laughing causing him to look over. I looked at her with wide eyes holding a finger up to my lips telling her to be quiet, but it was too late. Just as I was about to crawl into the kitchen Dom jumped over the counter, and pinned me to the ground, pulling his keys out of my pocket in the process.

“You know I don’t need those if I really want your car.” I said with a smirk as he looked at me triumphantly.

“Let’s get something to eat, and then we can talk about your infatuation with my car.” He said helping me off the ground.

They crew was all looking between Dom and I like we were nuts when we sat down at the table like nothing had happened. “So what’s good here?” I asked looking at the menu.

“I got this.” Dom said pulling the menu out of my hand. “Two of the usual.” Dom called to Mia. “So what are we going to do about this infatuation of yours?” Dom ask waving his keys in front of me.

“You could let me borrow it for a while. I even promise to bring it back in one piece.” I said with a small smile on my face.

“I don’t think that will work. I think that will just make it worse.” Dom said. “I mean you’re in love with my car after driving it just one time, I don’t think giving you the car to drive longer will help your problem.

He seen my eyes light up for a moment and my mouth open before I shut myself down with a shake of my head. “Maybe your right, if I drive your car again I’ll probably have a relapse.” I stated my shoulders slumping in defeat.

“What’s so bad about that?” Dom asked tilting his head to one side as he studied me.

“I barely managed to get out of all that shit without a tether. They almost refused to let me even leave the state. If I get caught again they aren’t going to hesitate to lock me up, and I ain’t going back.” I said without looking up from the table.

“Then don’t get caught.” Dom said causing me to look up at him.

Mia brought over two sandwiches and two Coronas setting them on the table in front of Dom and I. Looking and the sandwich I couldn’t tell what it was. “Soooo, what is this?” I asked Dom looking at the sandwich funny.

“It’s called the Dom.” Dom said watching me as I looked at it funny. “Trust me you’ll like it.”

I took one more look at the sandwich before I closed my eyes and took a bit. Flavors exploded on my tongue even as my mind tore apart what was in it. Rotisserie chicken, roast beef, ham, cheddar cheese, pickles, mustard, ketchup, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and pepper.

“This is really good.” I said taking a drink of the Corona to wash it down. After we finished lunch Dom drove us back to the garage and I walked next door to go back to work on my car. 

The next few days continued on the same way with me working on my car, and then Dom taking me over to the café to have lunch with the crew.