How'd You Meet Hobbs?

We arrived back at the garage, and Dom started teaching me how to use someone’s own body weight against them, and how anything in the garage could become a weapon if it needed to. I had just succeeded in throwing Dom a little way across the room when I heard a car pull up in front of the garage. I knew we weren’t expecting anyone so I grabbed the pipe wrench from the hood of the car where Dom and I had left it. I continued to watch the door, but no one was coming through it. I walked over to where I could look through the window and saw the car idling in the drive. There was a woman sitting in it that looked vaguely familiar. I set the pipe wrench back down and walked out to the car. “How’d you find me?” I asked Jen as she got out of her car.

“If you didn’t want to be found you should have used a different name.” She said getting out of her car.

“Man Dom, she’s a cop magnet dude.” I heard Rome say from in the garage.

“And the doors are thin enough I can here you out here, so quit your whining.” I said before turning back to Jen. “Want to come in?” I asked, and then I realized she was staring at the bruises on my arms, legs, and stomach. I had changed into a sports bra and shorts to practice with Dom.

“Do you need my help?” She asked looking at me anxiously.

“No, just practicing.” I said grabbing her hand and pulling her into the garage. “Hey, Dom, Jen here thinks I’ve been letting you and Brian beat on me.”

Brian and Dom looked at each other then back at me. “We kind of have been.” Brian said looking over the bruises forming on my body.

Jen looked over Brian and Dom taking in the bruises on their faces and torso’s before turning to look at me, and she started to laugh at the sheepish look I gave her. “Looks like you’ll be just fine. Now, are you going to introduce me, or am I supposed to be your dirty little secret?” she asked crossing her arms to look at me.

“I still haven’t forgiven you for that move you pulled with the pickup, but I guess I can introduce you. That’s Vince, Leon, Jesse, Tej, Rome, and Letty, and my teachers over here are Brian and Dom. Guy’s this is my ex-girlfriend Jen.” I said and watched the shock cover their faces.

“Damn, Dom, I guess you really do have to worry about losing your girl to Letty.” Rome said looking from me to Jen to Letty.

“You didn’t think that show was all for you boys did you?” I said laughing at Rome, letting the ‘your girl’ comment go for the moment. I smiled over at Letty and she blushed.

“She’s always been an odd one.” Jen said watching the interactions between me and the guys. Seems you guys just make it worse.”

“Hey!” I yelled smacking her shoulder, causing everyone to laugh at me.

“It’s about time to go pick up Mia.” Dom said walking over to where I was standing and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. “Why don’t you come over to the house?”

I went to the back room to change back into my street clothes before climbing into Dom’s car. I was quiet for a while, as we drove to the café following Brian while the others headed to the house. “Is that really the way you and Brain feel about teaching me to defend myself?” I finally brought myself to ask as I watched Brian walk in to help Mia finish closing up.