The Next Quarter Mile

I went home quickly, and took a shower, shaved and put on lotion. I pulled a black dress out of my closet that had thin straps, a sweetheart neckline, it was open over my stomach showing off my belly button ring, and then came back together to form a short skirt (the uploaded picture is of the dress).  I put on eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. I curled my hair slightly and put on my silver and black heels. Taking one last look in the mirror I smile at myself and before grabbing my leather jacket and getting in my car.

By the time I pulled up the party was already in full swing. I opened the front door and walked in. I put my coat in the closet before walking through the house to the kitchen. I got a few wolf whistles. I just smiled coyly and kept walking. “Hey Mia.” I said walking over to where the alcohol was and mixed myself a drink. I planned on getting hammered tonight.

“Hey.” Mia said before looking me up and down. Letty walked in as me and Mia stood talking. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw her face.

“See something you like?” I asked causing her to blush. She walked past me and grabbed a beer before quickly walking back out of the room.

“What was that about?” Mia asked after watching the exchange between Letty and I.

“She likes girls to.” I said and when I looked at Mia I could see the surprise on her face. “What? Didn’t you know? She’s so obvious about it.”

“No she’s not. She used to date Dom and never hit on any girl even once.” Mia replied thinking back.

“That’s because she’s not the kind of girl to fool around with just anyone. If she’s in a relationship she’s committed to it. That doesn’t mean she didn’t look, it just means no one noticed her looking.”

“So, what’s going on with you and my brother?” Mia asked changing the subject.

“Nothing.” I said. She tried to ask a few more questions about it before she realized that I didn’t want to talk about Dom.

Mia and I stood around talking for a while longer before I went back out to where the real party was. I walked by Dom, but he didn’t say anything to me when I passed him to get to Letty.

I reached my hand down to where she was laying, playing some game on the TV. “Dance with me.” I said when she looked up at me. She smiled at me before pausing her game and took my hand letting me pull her up.

As we drank more liquor we both loosened up quite a bit and were soon grinding against each other. As people started to leave we ended up in a corner making out when the words around me finally started to register.

“I didn’t know Letty went that way. Why’d you never tell us?” Leon asked

“Didn’t know she did.” Dom’s voice rumbled.

“I thought you were with Amelia.” Jesse said. I smirked into my kiss with Letty before reaching down to grab her ass. She returned my smirk and moaned into my mouth.

“Man that is so hot.” Came Rome’s input.

My hands slid under the edge of her shirt before coming around to her chest and then pulling her shirt off. I felt her hands slid my skirt up and I moaned when she rubbed her thigh between my legs.

“Damn.” I heard Brian say before Mia brought our fun to a screeching halt.

“Ok, ok break it up.” Mia said pulling Letty away from me.

“Hey!” We both said and the same time before we looked at the guys and started laughing.

“Here I think this is yours.” I said pulling the top of the lampshade next to me, and held it out to her after pulling my own skirt down.

She pulled her shirt back on before leaving the room to go downstairs. I went to follow her when Dom grabbed my arm. “The room is open upstairs if you want to use it.” He said before walking into the kitchen for another beer.

“Alright, I’m off to bed.” Mia said grabbing Brian’s hand and leading him upstairs. The rest followed suit, but I wasn’t really tired yet.

I walked into the kitchen to fix myself another drink, and didn’t see anyone. Dom must have went to bed, I thought to myself before making my drink. I walked out unto the back porch and lead against the railing while looking up at the sky wondering how I ended up here.

“What are thinking about so hard?” Dom asked leaning against the railing beside me.

“How do you do it?” I asked not looking at him. “How do you move on from everything that’s happened, and live your life like everything is fine?”

“I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters, not the past, the future, not my team and their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.”

“Guess I never really thought about it that way before.” I said turning to look up at him.

“Do you want to talk about it? Whatever it is that’s bothering you.” Dom asked turning to face me as well.

“Not tonight.” I said leaning into his hand as he placed it on my cheek. I watched as he leaned closer to me, my eyes fluttered closed just as he placed a gentle kiss on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed my lips more firmly against his. “Take me to bed Dom.” I whispered against his lips surprising us both.

“You sure.” He asked looking into my eyes.”

“I’m sure.” I said smiling up at him.