The Nova is done

Today I finally finished my Nova. I decided I’d wait a while before painting it because I was really missing driving my own car. I turned climbed in the driver seat after cleaning, and the smile on my face grew as she purred like a kitten. After making sure everything was good with the engine I decided to test it out, and thanks to Dom I knew the perfect place to try her out.

As I pulled up to the starting line of the old track I turned the radio way up, and smiled as my favorite song came on. Here’s to never growing up, by Avril Lavigne. I took a deep breath and let it back out before shifting into first gear, and starting off slow. Once my car was flying around the track I started singing along with the song.

“Singing radiohead at the top of our lungs, With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love, I got a bottle of whatever, but it’s getting us drunk, Singing here's to never growing up, We'll be running down the street, yelling kiss my ass, I'm like yeah whatever, we're still living like that, When the sun's going down, we'll be raising our cups, Singing here's to never growing up.”

Just as I finished that part of the song I finally decided to try my luck. I reached over and opened the NOS task before hitting the button, just as I finished rounding the counter. I laughed as the car took off like a bullet. I did a few more laps before bringing my car to a stop, and climbing out to hug the hood.

“I think your car is safe now Dom.” I heard Brian say from the stands as they walked down from where they were watching.

“How’d you find me?” I asked with a grin still on my face.

“Well when I went to pick you up for lunch and both you and your car were gone I wasn’t quite sure where you’d go. Then I thought about the parts that went into your engine and just kind of assumed you’d be here.” Dom said walking over to where I was standing.

“So, do you think I stand a chance?” I asked looking between Dom and Brian.

“Definitely.”

Brian said at the same time that Dom said. “Depends on who you’re racing, but you do stand a good chance against the majority of the racers around these parts.”

“Great let’s go celebrate.” I said climbing back into my car. “I’ll meet you at the café.” With that I sped off leaving Dom and Brian staring after me.

I came drifting into the parking lot of the café and parked before pulling the keys from the ignition and walking into the café. “You Dom is looking for you right?” Mia asked as I sat down at the bar.

“Yeah he’s on his way.” I said as I opened the Corona she handed me.

“What do you mean he’s on his way?”

“He caught up with me at the old track. I told him I’d meet him here. I thought he’d actually beat me here with the way he drives.”

I was already on my second bottle when Dom pulled up in his Charger with Brian right behind him. “What took so long boys?” I asked when they walked through the door.

“There’s that crazy bitch.” Brian said walking by me and messing up my hair before leaning over the counter to kiss Mia.

Dom walked over to me snagging the Corona out of my hand and sat on the stool next to me. “I can see you going out there to test out your car, but do you really think it was such a good idea to use your NOS on that small of a track.” He asked trying to be serious.

“Hell yeah. That shit was sick.” I said reaching over the counter to grab a new bottle. When I sat back down I noticed that his eyes had been on my ass. “What did I get grease there to?” I asked teasing him. “You know what let’s throw a party on me.” I said handing him some money. “Will your house work? Mine's not very big.”

“No Problem. Mia time to close up.” Dom said handing the money to her.