chapter twelve - another love

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RACHEL HAD LET ME OFF work for the day as rush hour was over and we had been joined by the majority of the others (minus Phoebe), on the one condition that I admitted to smoking to Mon and promised never to do it again. Monica was the best older sister anyone could ask for but sometimes she did become mom; we all knew that she had baby fever but she really did take it a step too far where I'm concerned, even considering that I'm three years younger than her.

"No, no, no. They say it's the same as the distance from the tip of a guy's thumb to the tip of his index finger," Monica gestured with her hands. The guys stretched out their hands and observed the distance. "That's ridiculous!" exclaimed Joey.
"No that looks about right actually," I commented.
"Oh yeah and how much experience do you have on that subject?"
"More than you know," I smirked. Monica narrowed her eyes, suspiciously.
"I mean none, Joey," I satisfied Mon.

"Can I use.. either thumb?" asked Ross. Rachel approached carrying a tray full of drinks.
"Alright, don't tell me, don't tell me!" she picked up the drinks one by one and began to distribute them. "Decaf cappuccino for Joey... Latte Macchiato, Coffee black... Latte.. And an iced tea!" she beamed proudly after sharing around the drinks. "Excellent!"
"Good for me!"
As soon as she had left, we all swapped our drinks around, apart from my macchiato which was the only one she had got correct. "She always gets yours right!" commented Ross.
"I know!" I smiled, overly joyful. Chandler laughed subtly. The coffee house door swung open and a lost Phoebe in a red jumpsuit entered through it, muttering to herself. Without a greeting, she moved to take a seat on the couch and realising there wasn't one, I shot up to give her room.

"Y'okay, Phoebe?" asked Joe while we all tried to read her facial expressions.
"Yeah- no- I'm just- it's, I haven't worked- It's my bank!" she finally managed.
"What did they do to you?"
"It's nothing, it's just- Okay. I'm going through my mail, and I open up their monthly, you know, STATEMENT-" Phoebe hissed loudly.
"Easy," Ross steadied her.

"And there's five hundred extra dollars in my account," she explained. We all hesitated for a moment.
"Oh, Satan's minions at work again..." joked Chandler.
"Pheebs, it's five hundred dollars, what's wrong with that?" I inquired.
"Yes, 'cause now I have to go down there, and deal with them.
"What are you talking about? Keep it!" Joey encouraged her.
"Yeah, happy accident!"

"It's not mine, I didn't earn it, if I kept it, it would be like stealing."
"Yeah, but if you spent it, it would be like shopping!" said Rachel, very wisely.
"Okay. Okay, let's say I bought a really great pair of shoes. Do you know what I'd hear, with every step I took? 'Not-mine. Not-mine. Not-mine," Phoebe imitated. "And even if I was happy, okay, and, and skipping- 'Not-not-mine, not-not-mine, not-not-mine, not-not-mine'..."
"Then just buy a sweater!"

"Okay. I'd- just- I'd never be able to enjoy it. It would be like this giant karmic debt," said Pheebs.
"Chandler, what are you doing?" Rachel intercepted. We all turned to Chandler who was leaning uncomfortably over the sofa, hiding his face. "Hey whaddya doing?" Monica pulled him up. He had his breath held and shrugged nonchalantly until he finally released a puff of smoke from his mouth.