chapter seventeen - is it my wrong

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"HEY, LIZZIE, Phoebe's staying over with us tonight so we figure we'd have a slumber party thing, you're welcome to join us," Monica invited, while grabbing some chips from my cupboard.
"Mm." I didn't have the energy nor the effort to let out more than a grunt. Ordinarily, I would have jumped at the possibility to be with Rachel and the girls, drinking and gossipping but tonight wasn't the night for it.

"What's wrong?"
"Nick," I stated.
"What happened?"
"Me. Bisexual freaked him out," I shrugged.
"Oh honey, that is not you, that is all on him. You are not responsible for his freakouts!" she reassured. "But what if it is me? I am just growing through life screwing up every good thing that comes along by just being me. Don't you realise that? No guy would be crazy enough to date me and no girl ever thinks that I'm not straight. Everything is just crashing around me and I don't know what to do."

"Lizzie, listen to me when I say this," Monica held her hands in mine, "it is not your fault. If Nick, or any guy can't handle that you're the way you are, they are not right for you, you understand me?"
"Then who is right for me?"
"I think the answer is sitting in Central Perk, probably getting someone's order wrong with no idea that someone so kind, beautiful and caring could love her the way that you do." Monica looked at me with her motherly gaze, a stare that told me exactly what to do and that it was the right thing to do.

"Monica, I could love her so much. I could love her more than anything in the world. I could love her more than anyone has ever loved anything, which I think I just might but she could never love me back. I just don't think I could take that kind of rejection," I said.
"Wouldn't it be great though, imagine the relief of just getting it off your chest," she sighed. It sounded good, it really did.

"And then imagine her face afterwards. Her horror-stricken face. The palpable tension and then the heartbreak, the end. There is no happy ever after."
"There could be."
"In what world Mon?!" I was yelling now. "Because please take me there."
"In this one, talk to her." Monica ruffled my hair and left, taking the chips with her. 'Was she right?' I pondered. 'Probably not but-' I bit my lip and grabbed my keys, 'it's worth a shot.'

I wasn't even sure of what I planned to say. I think I love you is a pretty good start- clears things up you know. Or you know, there's 'we've known each other for a really long time...' and 'I think there's something you should know...'. All great for telling someone that you love them. On the way down to the coffee house, I began to pace outside the shop. Was I really going to do this? It was insane. Really really insane. She was going to say no and reject me and break my heart but why delay the inevitable, break it away.

I entered the coffee house and saw Rachel seated with three women, all dressed in expensive pearly attire with perfectly styled hair and diamond rings and charms. They must have been her friends from Long-Island- there wasn't another explanation. A cut bled across my chest when Rachel looked up and saw me. I couldn't tell her, not now. "Ooh Lizzie!" she hopped up in the cute little way she does and grabbed my arm.