chapter thirty seven - she will be loved

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Morning," Monica drew my curtains.
"Hullo?" I grumbled wiping my eyes. I checked my alarm clock. "mOniCA! It's eight in the morning! What the hell are you doing here?!"
"Yeah eight in the morning is not that late."
"It's Autumn and I'm a bear, leave me alone."
"What has that got to do with anything?"
"Bears hibernate between October and December. Therefore I get one extra hour of sleep a day," I said.

"How did last night go?" She sat eagerly at the edge of my bed.
"Haven't you seen Rach?"
"No, she whizzed off to work. I tried to catch her but then I thought that maybe you hadn't gone through with it."
"Maybe I hadn't gone through with it?!" I exclaimed.
"Well did you?!" She exclaimed.

I sat up and wrapped my duvet around me like a cacoon.
"Yeah I went through with it," I muttered.
Monica's jaw dropped. "And?!"
"It's a bit of a long story."
Monica put her head in her hands. "I'm here to hear it!"

I explained the entire evening to Mon. She listened patiently and on the edge of her seat. She didn't interrupt once. I felt like I was telling her a fairytale.

"And she um, she kissed me," my mouth broke into a smile.
Monica threw herself on me. Like literally, pounced. It wasn't a gentle hug, I was actually scared for a second that she was trying to kill me.

"So you guys are together?!" she squealed.
"We mentioned it but she says that she still wants to work through some stuff," I said.
"Okay so you are basically together," she repeated.
"Whatever makes you sleep at night," I grinned.
"Oh my God!" She hugged me again.
"I know."

"I didn't hear her come in last night. Did she stay at your place then sneak back this morning?" she asked
"No we didn't sleep together," I confirmed. "We thought about it but then realised the consequences."
"What consequences?"
"Juniper and Paolo. Oh my God Juniper," I slammed my face into my pillow. "What am I gonna say? I totally betrayed her! I didn't think Rachel would react this way. Mon what do I do? I have to choose."
"Choose?!" She yelled. "Choose?! Lizzie, honey, you've been in love with Rachel since high school. Juniper you met three weeks ago and you think there's a choice to be made here?!"

"You belong with Rachel, Lizzie. We all think so and now Rachel does too! You're totally mad if you don't choose her!"
"But how am I meant to dump Juniper now? 'Oh hey, remember that straight girl I'm in love with? Yeah turns out she's not so straight and we're dating heh- bye!' I don't wanna be that girl Monica who dumps someone for someone 'better.'"
"I'm not saying that it's not gonna be hard, it is! But you and Rachel are just... you're made for one another," she smiled.

As she did there was a knock at the door. "Go get it," Monica jutted her head. "Could be Rachel."
God I hoped it was Rachel.
I cocooned myself further into my duvet and waddled towards the door. I checked through the peephole; it was Chandler.
"Morning," I greeted him. He was holding a rubber duck. "Bath time?" I asked.
"Um no," he threw the duck at my wall spasmodically.
"Are you good?" I chuckled.
"Yeah, just checking in you didn't get home until late last night. Did your cab get lost or something?"
"Um no, I had dinner with Rachel."
He wolf-whistled. "Very romantic."
"Yes," I nodded.