~17~ The Arrangements

Kagura's POV

At the moment, All the Magnolian Princesses are standing in the throne room. How strange... Father never calls for us all at once.

We watch as our father shuffles through the papers he's holding. Father He glances up at us and we see his eyes soften. He lets out a deep sigh.

"I can't stall any longer, I'm Sorry."

We're taken aback by his sudden apology, it seems as if he's regretting something.

"I've given you all a sheltered life. A life where you couldn't step outside the castle, where you couldn't learn independence, or meet other people, or...." He begins to vent to us.

After almost an hour of talking and apologizing, He finally tells us what's wrong.

"We can no longer fight this war. We've run out of resources, weaponry, and energy. This will end in nothing but bloodshed. I'm left with two choices."

Father stares at us before shaking his head. "I can't..."

I speak up, "What are your choices, Father?"

"We either surrender or form alliances." He answers.

I tilt my head, "What's so difficult about that? Why not do the latter?"

"Do you know how these types of alliances are formed? We can't promise them anything at the moment. Anything besides you."

I send him a confused look. Besides me?

He continues, "To form these alliances, we'd have to marry of a Magnolian Princess."

That's why it's a hard decision. Either surrender the war, or lose your daughters.

"With the amount of supplies we need, Multiple alliances would need to be formed." He explains, "So, I'd lose multiple of you."

Erza steps forward, "Father, are you insane?"

We all turn to Erza.

"You are the King! Your duty is to your people before it is to your family. As Princesses we must be prepared to give up everything for the sake of our people. Even if that happens to be leaving our life behind to wed a neighboring kingdom."

She isn't wrong.

"Father, If you have to marry all of us off for the sake of the kingdom, then do it. It is our duty." Erza finishes.

He looks over all of us again, "Do all of you agree with these terms?"

Each of us bow our heads, "Yes, Father."

---------------------------------------------------------

The Next Day

"I have set up the arrangements." Father Begins. "Each kingdom is willing to form an alliance and provide the assistance we require."

"When I call your name step forward, I will give you a brief explanation and a document. Once you've received the document, return to your original standing place."

He takes a breath, "Erza, Mira, Lucy, and Levy."

They take a step forward holding their heads up high.

"By Royal Decree,
Magnolia's 1st Princess,
Erza Maximiliana Heartfilia,
Will be wed to the Edolas Empire's,
Crown Prince, Jellal Fernandes.
Together they will be crowned
The Emperor and Empress Consort,
And Reign over the Edolas Empire.
An alliance has been formed with these arrangements."

He rolls up the scroll and hands it to Erza, "You'll be married in two weeks."

She takes the scroll curtseys and returns to her original standing place.

"By Royal Decree,
Magnolia's 2nd Princess,
Mirajane Abriella Heartfilia,
Will be wed to the Kingdom of Fiore's,
Crown Prince, Laxus Dreyar.
Together they will be crowned
The Royal Monarchs,
And Reign over Fiore,
An alliance has been formed with these arrangements."

He rolls up the scroll, "You'll be wed in a Month, but your expected to provide the kingdom with an heir."

Mira takes the scroll and bows her head, "It's an honor to bestow the kingdom with a child." She returns to her standing place, blushing.

"By Royal Decree,
Magnolia's 5th Princess,
Lucy Nadetta Heartfilia,
Will be wed to the Alverez Empire's,
2nd Prince, Natsu Dragneel.
She will inherit her husband's title,
An alliance has been formed with these arrangements."

Once again father rolls up the scroll, "You'll be wed next month, He's excited to have you."

"I hope so." Lucy takes the scroll, nods her head, and returns to her standing place.

"By Royal Decree,
Magnolia's 6th Princess,
Levy Grizelle Heartfilia,
Will be wed to the Tetsu Land's,
Heir Apparent, Gajeel Redfox.
Together they will be crowned
The Emperor and Empress,
And Reign over the Tetsu Land.
An alliance has been formed with these arrangements."

He rolls up the scroll, "You'll be wed in 3 weeks, but I believe you'll enjoy the innovative minds there."

"Thank You, Father" Levy takes the scroll, smiles, and returns to her standing place.

Engaged.. They're actually engaged. It's actually happened.

"Juvia, Kagura, Yukino, and Wendy."

We take a step forward, slightly confused.

"By Royal Invitation,
Of Her Majesty, Mika Fullbuster.
Magnolia's 3rd Princess,
Juvia Amoretti Heartfilia,
Has been formally invited to participate in the Cyro Domain's,
Royal Matchmaking Trials.
The Participants will be tested and scored on Knowledge, Beauty, Capability, Conversation, Etiquette, Talent, and Charisma.
The most suitable participant will be announced and will become the wife of The Crown Prince, Gray Fullbuster.
An alliance will be formed if she succeeds.
(I Hope That You Accept My Invitation! - Mika)"

Father hands Juvia the invitation, "We will provide you with anything you may need."

Juvia takes the invite and nods, "Thank you, Father."

"By Royal Invitation,
Of His Highness, Rogue Cheney.
Magnolia's 4th Princess,
Kagura Ombretta Heartfilia,
Has been formally invited to the Dark Kingdom.
According to Royal Tradition,
Kagura Ombretta Heartfilia,
Must be tested by
King Skiadrum and Prince Rogue,
Before being accepted into the Royal Family.
If Passed, An Alliance will be formed."

Father hands me the invitation, "I believe you'll do well."

"I'll be honest and sharp." I take the invite and nod my head.

"By Royal Decree,
Magnolia's 7th Princess,
Yukino Beatrice Heartfilia,
Will be wed to the Hikari Kingdom's,
Crown Prince, Sting Eucliffe.
Together they will be crowned
King and Queen Consort,
and Reign over the Hikari Kingdom,
An alliance has been formed with these arrangements.
Unfortunately, Members of nobility have disagreed with the current arrangements.
Due to the dangerous uproar,
His Highness, Sting Eucliffe
has decided to escort Her Highness, Personally."

Father rolls up the scroll, "It'll be dangerous, so make decisions wisely."

Yuki takes the scroll, "I will, Father."

"By Royal Decree,
Magnolia's 8th Princess,
Wendy Katerina Heartfilia,
Is Betrothed to the Young Territory's,
1st Prince, Romeo Conbolt.
An alliance has been formed with these arrangements."

Father rolls up the scroll, "Due to the Territory's law, You can't marry until your 16. You are currently betrothed to and official courted by Romeo."

Wendy smiles and takes the scroll,
"I understand."

We return to our original standing place. After all these years of being isolated inside the palace walls, we're traveling to other lands to get married.

"Your all dismissed."