~Few Things~

So, let's talk succession. To better understand the next chapter.

Erza Heartfilia

Mirajane Heartfilia

Juvia Heartfilia

Kagura Heartfilia

Lucy Heartfilia

Levy Heartfilia

Yukino Heartfilia

Wendy Heartfilia

Michelle Von Lobster

This is the line of succession. While each of the legitimate children receive of piece of land to govern over, Erza being the eldest was still the prime leader.

She would be queen, and her siblings titles would change.

Mira would be 1st princess, Juvia would be 2nd and so on.

Once Erza had children that would change to 'Princess' and their children would be Grand Dukes and Grand Duchesses. They would carry on the Duke/Duchess title from their.

Erza, Mira, Lucy, Levy, and Yuki are all officially engaged.

They can 'mock' marriage. Once engaged a couple are permitted to live together, escort one another, talk privately and intimately.

They can refer to each other and act as husband or wife, defend each other's honor, and talk about finances, politics, family, or other such things.

They cannot share a bedroom, or legally use each other's title, money, or make changes or laws until married. They may suggest.

This is basically training. Especially, when it comes to high-rank nobles or royals.

.
.
.
.
.
.

W

endy is officially betrothed.

Unlike engagement, she's basically married.
Romeo is her husband by law, and this cannot be easily changed. Because of this, her title as 8th princess of Magnolia is now void.

Her official title is now,

Crown Princess, Wendy Heartfilia Conbolt, Betrothed of Crown Prince Romeo, Future Queen and Moon to the Humble Young Territory.

Short Version,

Wendy Heartfilia Conbolt,
Crown Princess of the Young Territory

A betrothal occurs when the betrothed are too young to marry. Unlike an engagement that can be broken at anytime, a betrothal is a formal engagement that requires the couple to commit to marry.

Wendy also has more power this way. She'll be trained by the Queen Dowager (Former Queen or Crown Prince Mother), as well as the queen (whether this is the Crown Prince's Mother or political married queen is irrelevant)

Wendy has the power equal to Crown Prince. Finances, Political Influence, Family Affairs, and other such things are permitted.

She still may not be allowed to share a bedroom with her betrothed, but has pretty much free reign of anything else.

Disrespecting her is a punishable offense to the royal family.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Juvia is participating in the Cyro Domains traditional Selection of the Queen.

She is neither engaged or betrothed to Gray.

Whether she'll be queen or not is completely dependent on her results. If she manages to pass ever trial with high marks she makes it to the final.

At the finals, she will either receive the official title of Crown Princess or Receive title of High Lady.

High Lady means she an esteem lady of high society. Knowledgeable, Kind, and Beautiful. She will be highly regarded for her role in the trials and respected for her good genes.

If she becomes Crown Princess of the Cyro Domain, there is no divorce or ending it. She will become queen, the only way out is death.

Unlike engagement and betrothal, Juvia would have reign of everything. She could even share a bedroom with Gray before marriage.

She'd be the highest lady with the most influence, respect, Knowledge, and could even be referred to as Queen, Queen Proxy, Queen Heir, or Heir Apparent.

After Marriage, She would be immediately Crowned Queen and take over the Queen's royal duty.

.
.
.
.
.
.

As for Kagura.

Her's is actually pretty simple. Unlike Juvia who's going through trial after trial, Kagura will only be tested once but she won't know when or how.

The test will decide if she'll be a good fit, keeping secrets, expanding knowledge, supporting decisions.

If she fails, she returns empty handed.

If she passes, she gets engaged to Rogue.

Same rules as engagement listed above.

.
.
.
.
.
.

At the moment, Juvia is first in line of succession. If she passes the trial it'll be Kagura.

If Kagura passes it'll be Lucy.

Lucy is marrying the 2nd Prince and will be able to rule Magnolia with Natsu as King Consort.

Her siblings titles would be remembered in history but ultimately void once they marry.
If they were marrying someone with a lower title they would have the option but that isn't the case here.

If none of the princesses remained then the illegitimate Princess, Michelle, would inherit the throne.

Michelle has the chance of being recognized as a princess.