Wounds- smol angst but Fluffy

Wounds

Izuku looked at the scar in a trance. His green eyes turned more into a sea as he took a breath to steady himself. It hit him everytime he looked at it. Every single time. His head turning light and breaths turning shallow but he caught himself, with a hand on the bench he eased down. Putting his head between his hands to calm down before anyone noticed, he pretended to tie his laces once more. His fingers fiddling with the lace.

The locker room was filled with chatter and laughter from those around him but he could barely hear it until he made his own heartbeat ease. Make the blood rushing through his brain stop so he could be normal again. He tied his laces and got up with a natural expression, tuning back into the conversation around him as he tugged a shirt over his head.

"...I often forget I have it, so shut up." Bakugou's voice growled and Deku winced, this was the one topic he was trying to rid himself of.

"It's a manly scar Bakubro. That's all." Eijiro grinned at Denki who had brought up this conversation. "Kaminari is just jealous."

"Whatever. If you guys are obsessed with scars go bug Deku." He rolled his eyes as he pushed the two idiots away.

"To be honest he has manly scars too." Kaminari pointed out. Midoriya was quiet, pretending to be aloof as he riffled through his locker. He got used to his own scars, whether it be the ones on his hand, his arm or the recent ones on his back. He could care less about his own appearance.

He slammed the locker shut, his eyes avoiding everyone as he picked up his backpack and made his way out. Though he should have known it couldn't be that easy. He should have known the blonde himself would notice. Because as he made his way to the door he got pulled into the shower rooms, conveniently out of sight from his fellow classmates. He wasn't scared, he knew who it was and he knew what they wanted.

He got pushed up against the wall as the door shut behind them, the lock silently clicking in place. No one would come by here since everyone had already showered, the mirrors still fogged up and the smell of different soaps wafted around them along with the steam. Those red eyes met his as they stared at each other in the fluorescent light.

"What was that about?" Katsuki tilted his head, his expression holding annoyance but his eyes had a worry deep within. Midoriya was quiet, he didn't like talking about this to him. But of course Bakugou wouldn't let it go. His hand tilted Izuku's head up as he asked again, this time serious yet patient. "What was that about Izuku?"

"Nothing." He answered, trying to tilt his head away but failing. The minute Katsuki had turned eighteen was the same time he had confessed to the greenette, the same time they had kissed, the same time they had gone from rivals and/or friends to tragic lovers. First and second year had been their friendship cycle but now in their third year Bakugou had claimed the male as his in secret. Nights of secret touches and murmurs of affection that no one knew of but them. The school would be against students dating so they didn't have to know.

"Nothing? It's been how long?" Bakugou asked. "How long has it been Deku? I've known you for almost eighteen years, I know when you're lying. I've had this damn scar for almost two years now and whenever you look at it you get that look on your face."

He rested his forehead against the others as he whispered. "Stop blaming yourself. I took that hit because I wanted to, I didn't even think about it. I don't ever regret that choice so stop looking like that."

"Don't ask me to stop blaming myself. I will do it. I'll keep doing it because if I was careful-" He got cut off by a soft kiss, their eyes staying locked together as Katsuki grabbed the other's hands.

"Look." He growled when they separated, his hand leading Izuku's to touch the scar on his abdomen. It was faded and only looked like a scratch but it was permanent. "What's that thing you always said to Eri? That scars mean you made it, you survived. Take your own words into account."

Izuku looked at the wound, tracing it softly as he swallowed. He knew he was right but it still often hurt, the memory of it fresh in his mind and the horror of thinking he could have died smacked him every time. Katsuki put a hand in the males green curls, pulling him closer and into a hug as the male hugged back fiercely.

"Damn you." Izuku whispered and the blonde grinned. His lips trailing to his cheek, before going behind his ear.

"Damn you too."