Chapter 3 - Starry Night

"Ohma, is this the place you wanted to stop at?" Yamashita nervously asked the younger male who was beginning to get out of the car.
"Yep." he responded, Y/n climbing out of the car and following suit, Yamashita feeling tired, deciding to just sit in the car.

"So, Ohma, this is the place you wanted to take me, huh? What's so special about it?" You asked as the two of you came to a wooded area, Ohma pushing the branches aside for the both of you. "You'll see." That's all he said. "I'll see? Hm. Must be interesting."
Soon, the two of you came in contact with what seemed to be...a park. But it looked abandoned, with scraps all around, and a few car parts and a refrigerator someone left for some reason. Ohma walked over to a bench, looking up at the sky. "This is it," he said in a quiet voice, Y/n looking up at the sky. "Hm? What's it?" you asked.
"This is the place." He looked back over at Y/n, who seemed to be confused on what he meant. What exactly was this place to him?
"Ohma...I'm sorry, but I'm still confused. What's so special about this place? It's not flashy or anything—"
"Just keep looking at the sky," he said, the girl a bit hesitant. What was the point? She sighed, looking back up at the sky, Ohma doing the same.

The two stood there for a while, Y/n growing a little impatient, and the silence just kind of made things awkward. You turned to Ohma, but before you could get your words out, something bright caught your attention, causing you to look back up at the sky. Thus is what you saw.

A bright meteor made its way across the sky, causing you to gasp in surprise

A bright meteor made its way across the sky, causing you to gasp in surprise. A meteor shower?! But you haven't heard of one that was supposed to be happening. "Hey, is that a meteor?! I've never heard of one happening so soon, nor in Japan! I never seen one in person, either!" She looked over at Ohma who was still looking at the sky as other meteors made their way across the sky. She smiled softly, looking back up at the sky herself. Soon, it was over, Ohma simply turning on his heels, beginning to walk back. "Hm? Hey, where are you going?" she asked.
"Back to the car. I just wanted to show you the meteor shower."
"Oh...hey, wait!" She ran over to him, grabbing him by the wrist without thinking, the male turning to her.

"What is it, Y/n L/n?"
"O-Oh I—...." She looked down to where she had your fingers wrapped around his wrist, looking back up at him. He had his usual blank and nonchalant expression, waiting for her to answer. "I was just wondering...why did you want to take me to see the meteor shower?" The male responded with a shrug. "I mean, isn't going to see meteor showers a....thing you do on a date?"
"Date? I didn't know we were dating, Y/n"
She immediately felt her face heat up as she let go of his wrist, Ohma snickering a bit to himself. "W-We aren't dating! I was just asking..."
"No, it's not. We're friends. I just think meteor showers are cool, so I thought I'd take you to see it." Damn, she got her answer but was immediately friend zoned. 'There goes my luck on trying to get with him,' she thought to herself.

"Well, let's go. It's getting late and I want a snack," he said, beginning to walk off, Y/n following him. A snack? You guys just left the restaurant. Just how much did this guy eat?! The both of them made it back to the car where Mr. Yamashita was found asleep, leaning back in his seat. Y/n chuckled a bit, gently tapping him on the shoulder to wake him up, which didn't work. "Hold on, I got this," Ohma said, putting a large hand on Yamashita's shoulder, shaking him. "Kazuo Yamashita," he said in a loud tone, the man almost immediately waking up with a startled yell, calming down once he saw it was Ohma.
"Wh- Ohma, you scared me half to death!" he said, readjusting himself in his seat, Ohma buckling his seatbelt. "Don't be so dramatic." Yamashita responded with a tired chuckle, turning on the car and driving off. This was a night that Y/n would remember forever.

756 words.