Chapter Eight

Warning: hurt/comfort, mentions of child abuse, nonconsensual touching, attempted nonconsensual sex

Cuddles stared at Shifty's sleeping form. After he had passed out, Cuddles had made sure to clean him and dress him back up. He knew others would say he had no right to touch Shifty in such a way, but he felt like shit if he left him the way he was with all that dried cum.

Well, he felt like shit regardless. Shifty had a panic attack before they had sex. He had no idea why he suddenly changed tunes considering he was very clingy when he jerked them off together. He felt guilt hit him that he didn't realize Shifty was no longer willing to participate in their activitied.

I drove him to a panic attack. That's never happened before.

He reached out to brush Shifty's hair back, but stopped and pulled his hand away. He stared at his hand, full of guilt. His hands were the cause of this. His lust for Shifty was the cause of his attack. His inability to read the signs of an unwilling partner was to blame for sending Shifty over the edge. His impatience has ruined his conscious. He truly thought Shifty would be okay with it. Now, as he recalled their interaction, he realized that Shifty's sudden demeanor change was a kind indicator that he was supposed to stop.

There's no excuse...

He looked away from Shifty and hugged his knees. The overwhelming pain of guilt he felt was not at all pleasing compared to earlier when Shifty had bit him. He didn't like this. He hated having hurt Shifty like this.

I went too far...

Beside him, Shifty moved a bit, his brows were furrowed and he looked sick. Cuddles leaned down, carefully touching his shoulder, to wake him up should he be having a nightmare, but Shifty relaxed again. He let out a breath of relief and stared at him. A memory surfaced as he tried to piece together what made Shifty suddenly snap.

They were up on the roof of the school building. Cuddles had access to it because the principle wanted his parents to donate more to the school so that everyone could get better textbooks, food, access to better equipment, the works.

He had only ever brought Shifty up their so they could be alone without annoying groupies swarming him. They had been friends for a year up to that point. He still didn't know much about Shifty up until that point. But as they say under an umbrella, to shield them from the sun, eating lunch, Cuddles noticed something was off with Shifty.

"Hey. You look down today. Is there something wrong?" When he didn't get a response, Cuddles reached out, barely touching his shoulder. "Shifty?"

Suddenly, his friend flinched and smacked his hand away, suddenly breaking free from his trance, "Don't touch me! Ah!"

Cuddles stared in surprise as Shifty froze, realizing what he just did. His hand stung and Shifty looked like he was about to cry.

"Oh, gosh! Cuddles, I'm sorry–! I didn't mean to hit you! I'm–"

Cuddles turned and held his hand out to stop him, which Shifty did, clenching his jaw shut, "... are you okay?"

Shifty faltered, "What?"

Cuddles smiled gently, "We've been friends for a while. I've never see you like this. Did something happen?"