Chapter Ten

The incessant ringing of his doorbell woke him up from where he laid sprawled out on the couch and floor. He got up, feeling nauseous as he stretched, making his way over to the door.

"Coming... I'm coming..."

He opened the door without checking and was greeting to the sight of red roses. He was startled back for a moment and then looked up to see the grinning face of Cuddles. He stared at him in shock.

"You don't work until later tonight. Let's go on a date." He chirped, happiness all over his expression.

Shifty slowly took the bouquet of rose, raising an eyebrow, "A date?"

Cuddles nodded, walking in when Shifty moved aside a bit so he could enter, "We haven't been on one in ages. There's this new interactive display at the muesum that's really cool. Let's go. It's only noon and you don't have to go in until four-thirty!"

Right... I told him my schedule...

"I don't–" Cuddles turned to look at him and he felt his heart flutter at the smile that was on his face. He hesitated before slumping his shoulders. "I need a minute to get ready first."

"Sure!" He hopped onto the couch and started channel surfing. "I'll wait here for you then!"

Shifty held back a sigh and went off to his room to shower and brush his teeth. He shouldn't be entertaining Cuddles like this. He needed to stop spending time with him. But he enjoyed having Cuddles around. He liked having someone he knew around.

He cleaned up quick, spraying himself with body ax, put on his signature suit, and grabbedhis hat. The clothes always made him feel bigger. Plus, they made him look good. He walked out of his room, tying his hair back. He glanced over to see Cuddles staring at him, the grin still on his face. He felt himself shrink a bit at his gaze.

"What are you looking at?"

Cuddles leaned on his hands and raised his eyebrows, "You always look handsome in a suit."

Shifty felt a blush grow on his face as he put his hat on, "Shut up..."

Though, hearing the compliment made his heart race in excitement. He ignored Cuddles' stare and grabbed his bag. He looked at the rabbit as he turned off the t.v. and hop over the couch to go over to him. The shit eating grin he had when he saw Shifty was using the bag he got him had him turning red.

"You keep staring at me and I'm not going to go with you." He pouted, pulling his hat down a little more to hide his face.

"I can't help it. You're too enchanting not to look at."

"You need to stop talking."

Cuddles laughed and walked out with him. Shifty locked the door as Cuddles went over to his overwhelmingly, fancy, new sports car. Shifty stared at it as he walked over to the passenger side to get in. He stole a few of Cuddles' parent's cars back in the day and sold them for some quick cash. He wasn't a fan of the cars himself, but he did like to look at them. He got in and so did Cuddles, who turned on the car and revved the engine. He looked over at Shifty, clearly wanting some kind of awe from him, but Shifty only gave him a deadpan look.

"You're being obnoxious."

"Oh, you love it."