Chapter Fourteen

"Thanks for agreeing to this B.M."

Buddhist Monkey was a very skilled individual. While he didn't look like it because of the clothes he wore, he was all muscles and raw strength. He used to be a monk that guarded a very special temple, but some stuff happened in the past that made him leave it for another life, that was all Cuddles knew. He started life as a personal bodyguard and branched out to other aspects like it. He was also very good at hiding in plain sight when it came to being inconspicuous. His ratings were quite literally one hundred percent. He had combat skills and other abilities that made him stand out from others in the business. That's what made him a very skilled and highly requested bodyguard. He was very picky with his clientele though. He rejected many offers and charged a very high fee.

"Anything for my son's favorite idol."

He only agreed to work with Cuddles because he happened to meet his adopted son, Jingles, a little ferret, at one of his concerts. Jingles was a sweet boy that snuck out of home to come to his concert when he was only twelve. He had gotten into some trouble with a group of groupies trying to meet Cuddles and he helped him out, including giving the boy a ride home and returning him safely to his father. The kid was seventeen now and they were still penpals to this day.

Cuddles smiled and held up a picture of Dreamy, "This is the man you need to keep an eye on. He is not allowed anywhere near Shifty. Until I figure out a permanent way to deal with him, I hope I can trust you to stay on it for a while?"

"Considering the fee you're paying, I'll stay on as long as you need me to. Granted Jingles gets taken care of."

Cuddles nodded, "Anything Jingles wants while you two are here."

Cuddles had bribed the owners of the house right next to Shifty's with one of the condos he owned to house B.M. and Jingles. It was quite easy since it was an elderly couple and he offered in-home caregiving assistance. Shifty had no idea he moved them in there yet. He also had no idea that he put up cameras around his house. Only because he resisted so much when he had Shifty put in a security system that himself, Shifty, and B.M. had access to. Shifty was given B.M.'s number, to text him when he wasn't feeling safe even though B.M. would keep an eye out on Shifty when Cuddles really couldn't be by his side.

Cuddles hadn't told anyone in their social circle about Shifty's situation, not even his brother Lifty, who he really wanted to tell. Whatever it was that made them fight, it probably wasn't as bad as it was. Shifty was always one to escalate an issue pass what it should be on terms of serious offense. Shifty hadn't once mentioned Lifty to him, which he found odd. They were glued to the hip whenever he couldn't hang out with Shifty. He didn't know how to brooch the subject with him.

"You seem to have something on your mind. I have an ear to lend." B.M. said, sipping from his thermostat cup.

Cuddles smiled and leaned on his hand, "My... friend. That I'm having you guard, has a twin. They got into a really bad fight a few months ago and they aren't talking at all, like no communication. I don't know what happened and neither of them will tell me why. I know my friend needs him though. But he's too proud and stubborn to make amends. I don't know what happened, so I can't give him advice or help him without over stepping boundaries. I don't even think I can ask him without upsetting him."

B.M. hummed at this, a thoughtful look on his face, "It sounds like your friend is not used to actively seeking out help. It must be difficult for him."