Chapter 25

"Tanya! Loki! There you are. I need to talk to you," I ran over to the pair between classes.

"What is it?" Tanya asked.

"Just come to my dorm room after class, and if you run into Steve, bring him too," I said hurriedly. I had to get to the gym, which was on the other side of the building from the Science Lab.

"Alright..." she said, confused as I took off down the hall. Luckily, this was my second-to-last class of the day, so I didn't have to wait long.

-

"Alright. I know, this is weird, but everything will make sense. My parents are forcing me to attend their Christmas gathering, and I have to brined four friends that aren't problematic. You four were the ones I was able to pick out of the group, but you can't make any mention of abnormalities. So, no powers, no backstories, nothing that will make my parents suspicious," I explained.

"So we basically have to be perfect?" Loki growled.

"Welcome to my life," I deadpanned.

"Surely your parents aren't that bad," Steve said.

"If my parents knew that I hung out with people that weren't white, straight, and completely perfect, they would string me up by my ankle and leave me to dangle from the celieng," I said, completely serious.

"That's not true," he claimed.

"Sorry, Rogers, but not everyone is nice as you," I said. "I'll come find you tomorrow, and we'll fly out to Germany for a week. After that, we can come back here and actually enjoy our break,"

a/n Y'all, all of Monday I had Måneskin on the brain (For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Måneskin was the Italian representative of Eurovision [a song contest] and they won. I highly recommend listening to their song, 'cause it's really good)

I literally went into the living room where my mom was and said, "I give up. Måneskin's won me over. I'm throwing in the towel. Måneskin's won me over," and she just smiled. For context, I was really hoping for Ukraine or Iceland or Russia to win, and I had a blank face when Italy got 318 televotes (for a total of 522 points) and won the contest before it was over.