Chapter 6

"Come on, Tessa, wake up! It's time for breakfast," Carol prodded me with a stick since we had agreed touching was a no-go. 

"Alright, I'm up. Let me get dressed," I said, waving her away and grabbing some clothes. After changing in the bathroom, we headed towards the classrooms instead of the cafeteria.

 "Mr. Coulson?" Carol asked, knocking on the door. 

"Come in, Carol. What can I help you with?" He asked, appearing in the doorway and letting us in.

"Um, something's going on. Whenever I touch someone, something weird happens. When I touched Miss Hill, I felt strong, but when I let go, the strength faded. When I touched Carol, I started glowing, and when I touched Ellie, I went invisible and started flying," I explained.

 "Mm. Do you think you could touch Carol again?" He asked, and I grabbed her arm. Instantly, I started glowing with the same light as last night. 

"This is interesting. I'll speak to the director about it. For now, just don't touch anyone until we figure out what's going on," He said, and I nodded. 

"Come on, let's go eat," Carol said, and we headed to the cafeteria.

They were serving scrambled eggs and buttered toast, which I had no objections to. 

"I'm gonna go sit with a few friends. Think you can find your own seat?" She asked, and I nodded. I was nervous, but willing to do it nonetheless.

 "Hey, new girl! You can sit with us!" Someone called from a table with one seat open. I went over and sat down nervously between a girl with short hair and a girl with long hair.

"What's your name?" Shortie asked. 

"I'm Tessa," I said. 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Daisy, that's Elaina, Lincoln, Joey, Ahmi, Kamala, and Gordon," She said, pointing to each person as she said their name. 

"Gordon? The guy who spent three hours in terrigenesis?" I asked, and Gordon nodded.

 "Have you guys heard about the girl who spent 11 hours in terrigenesis?" Kamala asked excitedly.

"Oh, that was me, actually," I said nervously. 

"That's so cool! Your powers have to be super strong," Kamala said. 

"I can't imagine spending 11 hours in one position," Elena said, her accent thick.

 "Well, it didn't feel like it. It felt like 5 minutes, maybe," I said.

 "So, know what your powers are yet?" Daisy asked, and I shook my head.

"You all are Inhumans, I guess?" I asked, and she nodded.

 "We all have different powers. I can manipulate vibrations," She said. 

"I can manipulate electromagnetic particles," Lincoln said. 

"I can manipulate metal," Joey said. 

"I have stretchy hands!" Kamala said.

"I can run really fast, but I snap back to where I started from," Elena said. 

"I can teleport anywhere on Earth," Gordon said. 

"I share my body with an evil manifestation. Her name is SHE," Ahmi said. We all ate, chatting as we did. Kamala was quite bubbly, but everyone else quite serious.

"Hey, Tess, come on. We've got English first," Carol said. I nodded, putting away my tray and following her. 

"For simplicity's sake, we have the same schedule," She said as we walked. We entered the classroom, where a tall dark-haired man was standing in the front. I claimed my seat, which was in the corner in the back next to Carol.

"Welcome to the first day of class, everyone. Most of you know me, but for the new face in our group, my name is Mr. Ward, and I am your English teacher and one of the gym teachers," The teacher, Mr. Ward, said. He started typing at the computer on his desk, and a PowerPoint came up. "A little bit about me. I grew up in Massachusetts with my older brother and little brother. I joined S.H.I.E.L.D. 17 years ago, going to one of the other academies that train adults. 5 years ago, I was assigned here, as an English teacher. I used to be able to speak the most languages at the school, before Miss Romanoff and Miss Bailey came along," The rest of the class was pretty boring, just reviewing what we would learn this year. It was basically a normal school.  Well, except for the superpowers. 

History class, with Mr. Coulson, was the same, and the same with math and Mr. Fitz. Probably my favorite class this morning was Science. 

"Hello, everyone! My name is Dr. Simmons, and I'm your science teacher!" The professor said cheerfully. She blew up a bunch of chemicals as a demonstration. Carol wasn't very impressed, with her space fists and all, but I thought it was cool.

I ate with the other Inhumans at lunch, us all talking about lessons and teachers and what the year would be like. I learned that Elena actually was called Yo-Yo by most of her friends since her powers were like a yo-yo. 5 of the group were dating, Yo-Yo being the only one dating someone outside of the group. 

"Are you excited for Enhanced gym?" Daisy asked me.

 "Yeah. I might finally find out what my powers are," I said.

"You'll find out probably this afternoon. Most of them are pretty obvious, and people start displaying them instantly. It's definitely interesting yours aren't apparent," Gordon said.

 "Gordon's had his powers the longest. He's like, the Inhuman Guru of the group," Daisy whispered to me. The bell rang, and we all stood up. 

"Come on, we don't go with everyone else, being super and all," Daisy said as we put trays away. We walked into the gym, seeing Mr. Ward, Mr. Coulson, and an intimidating Asian woman.

"Who's the intimidating one?" I asked Daisy. 

"That's Miss May. She's the gym teacher, for enhanced and normal kids," She whispered.

 "Welcome, class! We will be running a warm-up course before splitting off to practice individual powers. You know the rule; no fighting with the intent to harm," Mr. Coulson said.

 Before we moved to start warm-ups, a man in a long coat entered the room with a bang. The others started whispering to each other.

"That's Principal Fury. He hardly interrupts a class," Daisy whispered.

 "Miss Panzer! Please, come with me," He said, halting in front of our small group. I stepped out of the group, and he nodded for me to follow him. I trailed after, going down an unfamiliar hallway. I felt sick with nerves.

I must've royally screwed up.