Chapter 4

"Coulson, who's this?" The woman asked. 

"This is Teresa Panzer, the Inhuman we detected in Germany. Teresa, this is Miss Hill, she's the matron," Coulson said, gesturing to Miss Hill. 

"Please, call me Tessa," I said, shaking her hand.

 "It's nice to meet you, Tessa. You need to come with me," She said, and I nodded, moving to get my things. 

"Don't worry about that, Coulson can handle them. Follow me," She led me to a secluded building, and we stepped inside.

"Please enter the chamber," She said, and I did so, confused. 

"This is where you will undergo your Terrigenesis. I will be here the entire time, making sure everything goes well," She said, then tossed a clear crystal inside.

 It shattered on the ground, and mist poured out from it. I had been sealed inside, so the mist couldn't escape. It was uncomfortable, like rock climbing up my body and encasing me.I was stuck in the same position, feeling like I was made of rock. I could blink, but that was about it. I don't know how much time passed, before my casing suddenly shattered and I fell to the ground. Miss Hill was still in the room, and entered, hauling me to my feet. When I touched her, I felt a lot stronger, like I could fight 3 men at once and come out on top.

"Hmm. No physical changes. Well, it's about 3 PM, you should be able to meet your dormmate now. Do you feel okay?" She asked. I nodded, and she dropped her hands. The strength drained out of me like someone had poked a hole in a bucket and all the water drained out. We left the building, heading to the main one. 

"Wait, I was in there for 11 hours?" I asked on the way.

"You must have more complex powers. The more complex your powers, the longer your terrigenesis takes. Gordon took three hours, but that was because he was changing physically as well," She explained. 

"Do you know what they are?" I asked, and she shook her head.

 "We'll find out, eventually. It might take a while, depending on what they are. Most are pretty obvious, though," She said. After a while, we stepped into a hallway, which stretched pretty far down. 

"Here, this is your room," She said, knocking on the door.

A girl with short blonde hair opened the door, looking confused. 

"Carol, this is your new roommate, Teresa," Miss Hill said to Carol. 

"Oh. Nice to meet you, I'm Carol. Teresa, right?" She asked, holding out a hand.

 "It's Tessa, actually," I said, shaking it and feeling energy surge through my hand, but it went as quickly as it came. 

"Cool name," She complimented, before looking at Miss Hill.

"Anything I need to do?" She asked. 

"Just get her settled in," Hill said, then left, her boots clicking slightly against the tile floor. Carol gestured for me to come in, and I stepped inside. 

"No wonder there's someone's stuff sitting on the bed. I was wondering what that was about. Where you from, Tessa?" She asked.

 "Rostock, Germany," I said.

"Germany?" She asked.

 "That's what I said," I shot back, and she laughed.

 "We're gonna get along just fine," She smiled. 

"That's your dresser. Put your stuff away, then I'll show you around campus. Are you training to be an agent and do you have powers?" She asked. 

"Yes, and yes," I said, unzipping my suitcases, and putting my clothes away.

"Cool. What are they?" She asked. 

"Don't know yet. Miss Hill said that we'll find out eventually. Do you have powers?" I asked.

 "Cosmic energy manipulation. Basically, I can fly and fire photon blasts from my fists," She said, and I stared. 

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed. 

"Thanks. Though, I'm not the most powerful on campus," She shrugged.

"Come on, let's get going. I don't know how long this'll take, so the sooner we start, the sooner it'll be over," She said, moving towards the door. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked, looking around.

 "I dunno. Studying or training, probably," She shrugged.

 "And you aren't?" I asked. 

"I don't wanna," She said.

"Okay. This is the dorm hall. Boys are on the left, girls on the right. People training to be agents live on this floor. There's 37of us, including you. The rest live on the lower floors. There's a party tonight, so you'll meet most of them, maybe all if you're social. That the cafeteria, pretty self-explanatory. That's the gym, and that's the Enhanced gym, where we powered people train. Two of the teachers designed it so that it can contain our powers without damaging the rest of the school. Over there is the library. You know what that is. Those are the classrooms, where everyone learns, obviously. Those are the labs, where the more sciency kids live. And this," She threw open the doors, revealing a massive field surrounded by trees. "Is the field. And where the party is tonight. Most kids like to hang out here when they're not in a class, studying, or in their dorms," She said, then we headed back inside and up to our dorm. When we passed the labs, there was a bang and some exclamations that I do not care to repeat. 

"Coulson mentioned that there are 12 other powered people attending this school," I said.

 "Yeah. 13 now, since you came. Half of them are Inhuman. Are you?" She asked, and I nodded.

"How long did your terrigenesis take?" She asked.

 "11 hours," I said. "Damn! That's the longest someone's ever gone. The previous record-holder only spent three hours in there," She said. 

"Miss Hill said that the longer you take to cook, the more powerful you are," I said. 

"That's true. Your powers have got to be epic, considering how long you took," She said.

"We'll find out,"