Chapter 7

"Mr. Coulson has informed me about the unnatural nature of your powers. I wish for you to demonstrate them for one of our scientists that specializes in Inhumans," Director Fury said, walking around to behind his desk. Miss Simmons was standing in the corner, a clipboard in her hand.

 "Well, it's only worked when I touched someone with powers," I said, and Fury picked up the phone. 

"Mr. Coulson, could you please have Miss Danvers come down to my office?" he asked, getting a crackly response.

A few minutes later, Carol came in, looking confused. 

"Well?" Fury said, gesturing to Carol. I put my hand on her shoulder, and my hands started glowing with semi-familiar energy. 

"Interesting! Carol, can you please demonstrate your powers. Don't let go, Tessa," Miss Simmons said. Carol's hand started glowing like mine, and Miss Simmons was scribbling furiously.

"So? Any ideas?" Fury asked her. 

"You can both stop, now," Miss Simmons said, not looking at us. 

"Have you exhibited any other powers when in contact with people?" she asked. 

"Um, I started flying when I touched Ellie, and apparently went invisible," I supplied.

 "I believe that her power is to mimic other powers. Carol has the ability to manipulate cosmic energy, and Ellie has the ability to turn invisible and fly, among other things. Tessa has exhibited these powers while in contact with them, so the most probable theory is that she mimics other powers," Miss Simmons said.

"It makes sense when you think about it. I could bring in Fitz for another opinion, if necessary," she continued.

 "No need. You two may return to class," Fury said to both of us, and we moved out of there as fast as we could without attracting any more attention. 

"So that's your power. No wonder you spent so long under, you had to develop a really big one with all the variables and shit," Carol said as we walked. We pushed the door open, stepping inside.

 "Ah, you're back! We're in groups right now, practicing our abilities," Coulson said as we stepped inside.

"I'm gonna go practice with Gordon. Do you think you're okay on your own?" she asked, and I nodded. 

"Hey, Tessa, you can work with us," Daisy said, waving me over to where she and Yo-Yo were practicing.

 "What was that about? Fury never pulls anyone out of class," Yo-Yo said. 

"I know what my powers are," I said.

 "Really? What are they?" Daisy asked.

"Come here," I said, and she walked over. I put a hand on her arm, feeling the power surge through my veins. I held my hand out towards the dummy she had been practicing with, and it wobbled on its stand.

 "What the hell? Did you just use my powers?" Daisy asked.

 "Apparently, I can mimic other people's power by touching them," I explained.

"Do me," Yo-Yo said, and I touched her arm. I zipped over to the stand, punched it, and zipped back, removing my hand. 

"That's so useful. You're gonna be awesome on missions when you get to that point," Daisy said.

 "I dare you to go steal Ellie's gun," Daisy said, and I smirked, touching Yo-Yo's arm. I zipped over to Ellie, took her gun from her hand, and zipped back.

"Yo-Yo! What did I say about taking my gun?" Ellie called.

 "I didn't do it!" Yo-Yo called back. She sighed and walked over to where we were standing.

 "Really, Yo-Yo? You gave her the gun to try and put the blame on her?" Ellie said, a brow raised.

 "I didn't take your gun," she insisted.

"So it teleported from my hand to hers?" she asked in disbelief.

 "No. Watch this," I said, touching her arm. I felt like water was being poured over me, and Ellie was staring in disbelief. I let go, the water washing over again.

 "The hell did you just do?" she asked.

"My power is to mimic other people's power by touching them," I explained, handing back her gun. 

"Mm. Just don't take my gun anymore, and don't listen to those two," she said, walking back over to where Misha was.

 "Well, I think you have a pretty good handle on your powers, them being so simple anyway," Daisy said, then gestured for Yo-Yo to get into position. A blue trail appeared, Daisy appearing with a bruise on her face a second later.

Daisy held out a hand, sending Yo-Yo flying backward and landing on her stomach. I spent the rest of the period watching the two train, studying how they used their powers to their advantage. 

"Come on, we have combat training next," Daisy said.

 "I'm gonna get my ass kicked," I sighed.

 "Probably. We're working with the enhanced kids too since it's easier for the teachers," Daisy said.

We moved to the other wall, and 10 kids came into the room. I recognized a few from the party, but I didn't know the rest of them. 

"We're starting with warm-ups! 20 push-ups for the normal kids, 50 for the enhanced," Miss May said, coming over. We all dropped to the floor, starting to do the worst exercise in human history. I had a little bit of muscle mass, due to being a surfer and skater.

"50 Jumping Jacks for the normal, double for the enhanced!" she called. After that, we did knee to elbow, then stood in position. 

"Today, we will be sparring! I will be going against one of you due to the uneven amount of students," Miss May said. We all broke into pairs, and I ended up with Gordon. Carol was left sparring against Miss May, and I could only hope she wouldn't get her arse kicked.

"Don't think I'm going to go easy on you because you're new," Gordon warned. 

"I wouldn't dream of it," I said.

 "You're confident," he observed.

 "No, I just need to know how low to set my expectations for my performance," I admitted. 

"Mm. We're only doing this so Miss May can gauge your skill level," he informed me.

We had been circling each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.

 Suddenly, a blue light appeared in front of me, and Gordon punched me in the nose. I used the moment he was retracting his fist to borrow his powers and teleport to the other side of the room. He followed me, so I moved again. We blinked around the room, Gordon trying to land hits and me trying to avoid getting hit.

Most other groups had stopped sparring, watching us flick around the room. I flicked in front of Gordon, surprising him and punching him in the nose then teleporting away. We continued flicking around until I appeared behind him and grabbed the back of his shirt. I pulled backward, then flicked to the other side of the room. As Gordon scrambled to his feet, the bell rang.

"Class dismissed!"