Chapter 13

I wrung my hands, standing in front of the history classroom. Today was the day we were taking the test, and I was incredibly nervous. Peter had helped me out by teaching me physics, saying that the test wasn't that hard. 

"Come in," Miss May called from inside, and we stepped inside. Miss May was supervising since no one would even dare to cheat with her watching. I sat down, staring at the paper in front of me.

Several Hours Later...

"And your score, Tessa," Miss May passed me a paper, and I flipped it over. 

85 was scrawled across the top. Ellie and I stepped out of the room to see Carol and Clint waiting there. 

"So?" Carol asked. 

"85," I said.

 "89," Ellie said.

 "Welcome to Rank 2," I turned to see Coulson. 

"May I speak with you privately?" He asked me, and we stepped to the side. 

"Your parents are asking you to attend a dinner party they are hosting tomorrow night. They have sent a plane to the nearby airport to pick you up," He said. 

"Okay. When am I leaving?" I asked.

"12 PM tonight," He said, and I sighed.

 "Alright," I said.

 "Now, go get some sleep," He instructed, and Carol and I shuffled back to our dorm. I arrived in my room, to see a long, green dress on my bed. 

"Woah. What's that?" Carol asked, looking at it.

"My parents are making me go to a dinner party. I assume this is what I have to wear," I grumbled.

 "It's so..." She said.

 "Not me," I grumbled.

 "I was going to say elegant," She said. I laid the dress on my dresser, finding a pair of heels underneath.

"Heels? Seriously?" I griped.

 "You really don't like your parents, do you?" She asked.

 "Not at all. My vater's last words to me were 'Don't mess up,'" I said. 

"Come on, let's get our homework over with," She said, so I sat down and got to work. I finished up right when dinner started.

I looked over and saw that they were serving popcorn shrimp and salad for dinner. I scowled down at the shrimp, setting the tray down at the empty table.

 "You okay?" I looked over and saw Asya sitting next to me.

 "I have to go back to Germany to attend a stupid dinner party, and I get to have a salad for dinner," I seethed.

 "You don't like shrimp?" She asked.

"I'm allergic to seafood," I admitted.

 "Eesh. I'll take it if you want," She offered, and I shoved the tray over to her, prodding the salad with a fork. Tanya and Loki sat down opposite us, Loki with his nose in a book. I wasn't oblivious to him sneaking shrimp off my tray. 

"What are you reading?" I asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

"A book on Asgardian history. I assume it would be too difficult for your Midgardian mind to comprehend," He said, earning a slap on the arm from Tanya.

 "I don't know what's up with him, he's been like this all day," She admitted.

 "I...what's the phrase you people use? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" He said, and Tanya shrugged.