Chapter 27

"Teresa Panzer, was zum Teufel ist mit dir passiert?" my mother scoffed when she saw me. Teresa Panzer, what the hell has happened to you? Intentionally, I had worn ripped jeans, a stained band tee, dark makeup, a leather jacket, and messy hair.

"Was ist los, Mutter? Ich dachte, du magst diesen Stil," I sassed. "It's wonderful to see you too, Mutter. Per your request, I brought some friends with me." I gestured for them to introduce themselves.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. My name is Steve Richards. Thank you for your kind invitation for us to stay," Steve said.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Richards," she seemed pleased for once, which was an odd look for a gargoyle.

"My name is Carol Davidson. I'm honored to meet you, Mrs. Panzer," Carol said.

"Tanya Llyod, miss. It's nice to meet you," I'm impressed they were all able to come up with names so quickly.

"Luke Lettmann," Loki said.

"German? I wasn't expecting that," the she-devil commented.

"My family hails from Berlin," he lied.

"What are the plans for today?" I asked tersely.

"First, you'll go and change into something presentable. At eleven, you will pick samples for the menu. I've already picked out your options." How...kind. "Afterward, you and your friends were try on their evening wear, and then you will study the guest list. I expect all of you already have table manners. If not, I wouldn't recommend learning from Teresa. And you--I expected better from you. You should take Steve and Carol as your role models, they look breath-taking compared to you." 

"Uh....thank you again for your hospitality, Mrs. Panzer," Steve said, slightly taken aback by the vindictive speech that she gave blatantly in front of my friends in a language she knew they understood.

"Always a pleasure to see you, Vater!" I spat towards the man, who hadn't even bothered to look up from his paper while all this was conspiring. "It feels so good to be back," I deadpanned when we were in a separate hallway, heading up to my room.

"God, I didn't feel like I could breathe in there," Tanya said. "Not out of fear of getting attacked."

"I don't mean to pry, but is your mother always like that?" Steve asked, concerned.

"Oh, no, we caught her on a good day. Though, the vindictive speech was a little odd. She normally gives me a tongue-lashing in German when we have company. Luke, feel free to break or steal something," I said.

"Like that very authentic crystal statue over there worth tens of thousands of euros from the eighteenth century?" he asked mischievously.

"Oh, that would be perfect. My mother loves that thing more than me," I smirked.

"What?" Steve asked, appalled. I ignored him, opening my door to my bedroom and finding an office.

"I feel the love," I deadpanned.

"What is it?" Tanya asked.

"This used to be my bedroom," I chuckled briefly. "Couldn't get those down, I see," I had used superglue to stick band posters on my wall, and there they were, still aggravating my parents.

"So where will we sleep?" Carol asked.

"This place has like a dozen bedrooms. We'll find a spot. Though, it'll be on the opposite side of the house from where my parents sleep," I said. "Hey! It's still there!" I stepped inside the other trailing after.

"What is it?" Loki questioned.

"My dad was really drunk one night and I had done something he didn't like, so he tried to punch me. I dodged it, and he punched the wall and left a dent," I pulled out my camera, taking a photo to immortalize it.

"What'd you do that for?" Carol asked.

"In case I ever want to write a smear on my parents,"