Chapter 2

Aurelia's POV

"Are we there yet?" I asked Aidan, after almost 30 minutes into the car journey to Aidan's home.

"Almost. 5 more minutes and we'll be there okay? I know it's late already. If you want to, you can sleep first and I'll carry you up to the bedroom when we reach my mansion," Aidan offered, his eyes fixed on the road in front.

"No, I don't want to sleep yet. I know your mansion looks great and I want to see it," I said while sitting back up straight to prevent myself from falling asleep. Aidan just shook his head once more and I just pouted at him again.

"Do you realise how many times you have shook your head within the 35 minutes we have been in the car?" I questioned Aidan, who just shook his head once more.

"Then do you realise how many times you have pouted at me within the 35 minutes we have been in the car?" Aidan asked me back, trying to mimic the way that I said it. I just laughed at him as his attempt to mimic was a big failure. And for once, he smiled for a change.

Aidan's POV

"Then do you realise how many times you have pouted at me within the 35 minutes we have been in the car?" I shot back at Aurelia, trying to copy the way she said it. She laughed at me and I grinned. Hearing her laughter really made me happy, and I had no idea why.

"You stay here? With an entire forest at the back? This is... so... wow. And the night view of it, it's majestic," Aurelia breathed out the moment my mansion came into view. I chuckled a little as she rambled on about the beautiful scenery the mansion was in, with the fountain and huge driveway in the front and the lush greenery behind.

"Now you understand why the drive took so long?" I said to her in a "duh" tone, to which she nodded her head and was pressing her face close to the glass windows of my Lambo.

I left my car at the entrance of the mansion, for my driver, George to park. I went to the boot of the car to get Aurelia's stuff as she slowly came out of the car, still taking in the view of the mansion. After I got everything, I held her small little hand and walked into the mansion. The two guards standing next to the door gave me a curt nod before opening the grand double doors for me and Aurelia. Upon the sight of me, the housemaid, Maria, rushed up to me to take Aurelia's things.

"Welcome back Sir. Where do I put this?" She politely greeted me. I was always so glad that Maria treated me with utmost respect and didn't try to flirt with me like what most girls would do. And she did her work as the head maid well.

"Just leave the luggage in my room would do. Thanks," I replied as Aurelia stared at the interior of my mansion, probably shocked at what she saw. My mansion was vastly different from hers, mine was very maximalist while hers, based on what I remembered from my brief visit there once, it was very minimalistic. I chuckled at Aurelia, staring at my mansion, her mouth wide open. I tried to nudge her a bit and get her to follow me to the bedroom to sleep, seeing that it was already past midnight. She snapped her head at me before following me up the stairs, her eyes tracking every object we walked past.

"If you don't stop that, I'm going to knock you out and carry you up," I stated, trying to get Aurelia to walk faster.

"No, I'm going to see everything and you cannot and will not be stopping me," She replied authoritatively.

"Yes I can and I will, so now walk faster," I rebuked and grabbed her wrist before pulling her along. Eventually, I managed to drag her to my bedroom and slammed the door shut once we were both in the room.

Aurelia's POV

Wow. Aidan's mansion is... Amazing. It's impressive, utterly breathtaking.

I was tired and sleepy so I was walking a bit slower, but Aidan wasn't having any of it. He ended up dragging me all the way to a bedroom, and by the looks of it, his bedroom.

"You can go sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the couch if you don't want to share the bed," Aidan kindly offered to me. I collapsed onto the bed and motioned Aidan to come with me and get onto the bed. He looked at me with a slight hint of confusion before making his way over to me. When he was about half a metre away, I pulled him onto the bed and gave him a small kiss on the nose.

"If we are going to get married, we should be sleeping together, on the same bed," I whispered to Aidan before I fell asleep, sleep completely taking over me. The last thing I felt was someone shifting me a little before whispering a "goodnight".

Aidan's POV

Aurelia collapsed into sleep soon after I was forcefully dragged onto the bed by her. I pushed some of the stray hairs on her face aside and carefully lifted her a little, bringing her to sleep on the bed properly before whispering a soft "goodnight" to her. After laying in bed for about 30 minutes, I still couldn't fall asleep so I got up and walked to my study to do some work.

When I reached the study, I pushed the big glass doors aside carefully and stepped into the room. I thread carefully towards the big table, quietly pulling out the chair before sitting down on it.

Why am I being so careful? Usually I'd just make my actions loud and clear to the whole mansion. Is it because of Aurelia? That... That I'm scared to disturb her? But why? Am I? Caring for her? But the usual me wouldn't give a fuck. She can wake up for I care. It doesn't concern me. Or does it?

"Aidan?" I heard a small squeak coming from the door. I snapped my head up, ready to yell at whoever was there when I realised that it was Aurelia that was standing at the door.

"Aurelia? Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry," I rambled out, while getting up from my chair, walking towards her. She pushed open the door more as she shook her head, before walking right up to me and into my chest. She wrapped her arms around me before she started sobbing into my shirt.

"Why are you crying? What's wrong? Tell me," I comforted her, while wrapping my arms around her and stroking her hair.

"I... I just miss my family, I... I had a... a nightmare just now," Aurelia said in broken sentences as she sobbed even harder into me. I picked her up and carried her into the bedroom before gently placing her down on the bed. She looked up at me, slightly confused before I sat down on the bed next to her, and placed the blanket over her.

Aurelia offered me a small smile and shifted herself slightly over towards the edge of the bed, motioning for me to get on the bed as well. I climbed into the bed and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to me before whispering to her a few comforting words and nuzzling my head into my neck. Aurelia evidently relaxed before falling asleep again. I stared at her, the number one bachelorette, scared and alone. At the thought, a wave of pity slammed into me and I looked down at her and kissed her hair before sleeping.