Chapter 9

Aurelia's POV

I was exercising in the gym when my phone buzzed. I took it from the bench and saw a notification from Zach. He was asking me to go to a local diner for lunch. I replied with an "ok" before heading out of the gym and to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Why would Zach want to meet me? Is there anything going on?

I brushed aside all my thoughts as I changed, thinking about what Aidan would say when I got home.

"He would probably say something like: you shouldn't have gone out, what if something happened to you?" I chuckled at myself, while taking the lift down to the basement where I discovered that all of Aidan's cars were parked. I chose the Mercedes Benz S-Class Coupe, and started the GPS for the diner that Zach wanted to meet me at. Following the GPS, I arrived at the place within 15 minutes and parked the car near the entrance. I scanned the inside of the diner, stopping when I saw an excited Zach waving violently at me. I smiled at him before making my way into the place, sitting opposite Zach.

"Shall we?" Zach asked, as he gestured towards the food on the table.

"Sure," I replied, before taking a bite of the food.

"How is it?" Zach asked, while cocking his head towards mine.

"It's nic-" I began to speak, but couldn't finish my sentence. I felt my head go heavy before I blacked out.

"Wake up, you bitch, look over here," A rough voice hollered at me. I was too tired to respond. I felt my stomach get kicked before I blinked open my eyes. I slowly looked up, my head hurting badly.

"Aurelia, are you okay?" I heard Aidan's voice ask. I snapped my head up, to see Aidan on the laptop screen in front of me, his hair messy and his clothes crumpled.

"Aidan..." My voice cracked as tears flowed down my face.

"Don't worry, I will fin-" The laptop screen was slammed shut.

"Oh no, your little reunion will be cut short," A familiar voice said sadistically.

"Who are you and what do you want," I spat out venously, at the dark figure that was behind the laptop.

"Me? Don't you recognise me? What do I want? What else could I possibly want?" I could sense a suppressed anger within the voice.

"Zach?" I whispered softly, "why you? Why would you kidnap me?"

"Because you outright rejected me in front of so many dignified people in the business world. And you choose Aidan over me. In what way is Aidan better than me?" Zach spat at me, grabbing my chin to force me to look up at him. I defiantly looked away and Zach dropped his hand before slapping me hard. The loud sound of Zach's hand on my cheek echoed through the small room we were in.

"Does that hurt?" Zach sadistically said, "because the amount of pain I have gone through because of you is much more than just that."

I just kept silent, praying in my heart that Aidan would quickly come and save me. Something sharp pierced my stomach. I coughed out some blood. A lot maybe. My stomach hurt. The sharp object was pulled out of my stomach. I felt my face twitch and my stomach felt strangely empty. The tight constraints on my wrists and ankles were loosen. I felt my lifeless body drop to the ground before a pair of arms picked me up.

I should be punching and kicking now. But I don't have the energy to. I just want Aidan...

"Lie down here," A voice said, throwing me down on a bed, the bed creaking as my body fell on it. The metallactic taste of blood stung my mouth as I closed my eyes, breathing in the rancid air. I coughed slightly. I heard a door slam shut and someone undoing a belt buckle.

"Let's have some fun, shall we?" Zach's sadistic voice disgustingly purred at me.

"No," I breathed out slowly, trying to get the putrid air out of my lungs. I heard clothes fall to the ground as I took another breath, my breathing getting more and more laborious each time.

"Yes, we will," Zach huskily whispered into my ear, while tracing his dirty fingers on my body. I squirmed under his disgusting touch.

"Stop moving," Zach breathed into my ear, while bringing both my hands above my head. I tried resisting. I tried. But I was too tired. I had no more energy left in me. I gave up struggling completely, letting Zach do whatever he wanted.

"Yes, that's right, just calm down," Zach's voice was registered by my brain once more. His hands found their way to the edges of my dress. He paused for a short moment, breathing air next to my ear, before ripping my dress off me.

"Why, Zach? Why?" I asked softly, as Zach's hands roamed my body freely. I felt tears pool at my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Because I love you and I'm going to make you mine," Zach rested his hand on my neck for a while, whispering into my ear.

"I don't love you, Zach," I muttered, as tears fell down my face.

"You love me, Aurelia. Me. Not Aidan. Not anyone else. But me," Zach possessively whispered. Everywhere that Zach touched felt like a trail of dirt left on my body. There was a knock on the door. The same ragged voice from earlier said something that I couldn't make out clearly.

"Fuck," Zach breathed, before getting off the bed and putting on his clothes.

"Don't go anywhere until I come back," Zach commanded, but I didn't care.

Not like I want to go anywhere. I just want Aidan here. Aidan... Quickly come.

I curled up into a small ball, tears flowing out of my eyes, staining my face.

"Aidan, where are you? Quickly come to me," I whispered. I felt my vision go blurry before I blacked out from pain and exhaustion.

Aidan's POV

"I'm calling Dad, let's me," William athouratively said, while I tried to calm myself down. I took a deep breath before pressing the button for my private lift. We took my car to Mr. Carter's mansion. When we arrived, Mr. Carter was already fully informed about the matter.

"My study. Now," Mr. Carter instructed upon the sight of me and William. By that time, I had fully gathered myself and calmed down.

"Do we call the police or do this the mafia way?" I asked, the second the door was closed.

"I never wanted Aurelia to know that we were part of the mafia, but now, there is no choice, her safety comes first" Mr. Carter rubbed his chin, seemingly deep in thought.

"I already got some of my men to scout the location sent to us by Zach. They will send us back the intel soon," Mr. Carter said, while William prepared some guns for us.

"Okay, we can go now, I will call for more men to go. The scouts reported a lot of well armed men in the building," Mr. Carter informed us just as William stepped back into the room. We silently made our way to the car, while I thumbed the pistol in it's holster at my thigh.

We are coming Aurelia. Just wait a little while more.

I took a deep breath as the car stopped behind some foliage. We got out of the car immediately and William made a few calls, to make sure that everything was ready while Mr. Carter and I went to the boot of the car to get some guns ready for ourselves.

"Everything is set. Shall we begin?" William asked, as he walked towards us.

"Yes," I confidently said, "William and I will go into the building. Mr. Carter, please manage the situation outside."

"Get Aurelia out. Safely," Was all Mr. Carter said before we parted ways. At once, some of our men started to approach the building. I looked back at William for confirmation before proceeding. We snuck into the building from the back, before the voice of an old man halted us.

"Hello Aidan, or should I say Ashton?"

I felt everything around me stop. It's been so long since I was last called "Ashton".