Part 4

Aurelia's POV

"So, will you marry me?" That was the only thing I heard Aidan say before he got down on one knee. I was so emotional that I felt tears pooling in my eyes before I heard someone slamming the table, ruining the moment.

"Aurelia! He is lying to you! He doesn't love you!" I heard a voice say immediately after the table slam.

Zach? Why did he say that? Aidan doesn't love me?

"Aurelia! Don't marry him! He can't give you anything you want! But I can! I love you! He doesn't! He just wants to use you to expand his business! Don't get fooled by him! Follow me! Let's go!" Zach screamed at me as he made his way to the stage, causing all eyes to be on him. I just stood there, not knowing what to do. I felt Zach grip onto my left arm, trying to drag me away. Just then, I realised that Aidan had stood up and he held onto my right arm, trying to pull me back to him. I heard Aidan and Zach shout at each other, arguing while I just stood in between them, dazed and confused, completely ignoring everything that was happening.

Did Zach just say he loves me? What is this? He loves me? I love Aidan. And Aidan loves me. And now Zach is suddenly in the picture? Huh? I'm so confused.

"Aurelia choose between one of us. You will stay with the one you pick and the other person has to get out of your life," I heard Aidan say, forcing me to snap out of my daze. I looked up at the both of them, who were both staring at me with pleading eyes to pick them. I stared at Aidan's amber eyes, which seemed like tears were about to fall before turning my head to look at Zach's brown eyes, which had some form of burning fire in them, as if daring me to pick Aidan.

I can't choose between either of them.

I contemplated for a while, with everyone below stage holding their breaths, awaiting my decision. The deafening silence was killing me internally. I had to choose between one of them. But who? I took a good look at both of them once again, before pushing both of them out of my way and walking down the stage. Everyone stared at me as I walked towards my family, with Aidan and Zach both incredulously looking at me from the stage. I walked right to Dad, who was already standing up with his arms wide open for me. I wrapped my arms around his warm body as I sobbed into his chest. Apart from the sound of me crying, there was pin drop silence.

"Shh, stop crying okay?" Dad comforted me, rubbing my back as he said it. I nodded my head and tried to stifle my sobs. Upon my instruction, my brothers brought Aidan and Zach in front of me, throwing them to the ground, forcing them to kneel down.

"Aurelia, tell us what you want to do with these two and we'll get it done for you," William, my oldest brother gently said to me. I pulled myself away from Dad and sat down on the chair. I scrutinised Aidan and Zach carefully before I took a deep breath.

"I want the both of you to go away from me for a while, that's all," I muttered, before Aidan and Zach stood up and left. I saw true pain on Aidan's face, and pure rage on Zach's, before burying my face in my hands and crying even harder.

"C'mon let's go home," Dad said as he placed his hands on my shoulders, urging me to get up. I stood up slowly and followed Dad, with my brothers surrounding me, as if they were my personal bodyguards.

"All of you will sit in the other car, I will sit with Aurelia, alone," Dad commanded, before my brothers walked off, leaving me alone with Dad.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Dad asked, the moment the car drove off. I shook my head and leaned on Dad's arm, while pondering about what to do about Aidan and Zach.

Aidan really loves me. I saw it in his eyes. They were so pitiful and he looked so lost. And I think I love Aidan too. But Zach? He was angry just now. Why? Ever since we knew each other, we always treated each other like siblings. Maybe Zach had come to love me along the way? I don't know anymore. But I can't reject or push aside any of them. What should I do?