Chapter 6

Aidan's POV

Why does this have to happen to me again? Why do all the people I love have to keep leaving me over and over again? Is it that I'm too lousy? Is it that I don't deserve any love?

I stood up and walked over to the railing. I peered down at the ground, before shifting my gaze to the metal railing, the only thing dividing me from life and death. I let the empty bottle of whiskey fall to my side, breaking as the fragile glass slammed into the ground. I gripped the railing hard as I felt a small shard of glass pierce my skin. I tightened my grip on the railing and threw my head forward and slowly brought myself up onto the railing, such that I was now sitting on it. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes gently.

"Aurelia, come back," I whispered, before pushing myself over the edge. The wind. It felt so good against my skin, rushing past my face. It brought me within it's embrace, accepting me into it.

After all, the only thing that can accept me now is nature. But nature will never feel the same pain as I-

Beep! Beep! Beep! I opened my eyes slowly. Light blinded me instantly.

"What?" I involuntarily mumbled out.

"Aidan? Aidan? Are you awake?" A sweet voice rang out. Laced with tiredness, and concern. It sounded oddly familiar. Was it Aurelia? I turned my head a little, or at least I tried to. Pain coursed through my body, as if my every cell was pained and it flowed all over my body erratically.

"Aidan? Are... Are you okay? Aidan, please say something, anything," I heard the voice beg.

"I... I... You... Where is this? What am I doing here?" I lifelessly breathed out, once more trying to get a hold of my surroundings.

"It's me Aidan, I'm Aurelia. We are in the hospital," The voice said. So, it was Aurelia. I blinked a few times, and adjusted my body a little before I managed to look at her. Aurelia. Her hair was in a mess. Her face seemed so tired. Her eyes had dark circles around them. She looked. Pained. Worried. Sad.

"Don't worry, Aurelia. I'm here and I won't leave you," I said, mouthing my inaudible words most of the time.

"I... I know you won't because I... I love you Aidan," Aurelia said, her voice dropping to less than a whisper towards the end. She was blushing furiously, the redness on her cheeks making her look like a cute little child. I smiled.

Aurelia... She loves me? I... I...

"I love you too," I whispered back, my words slightly more audible than before.

"Like I don't know that," She chided me, while elbowing me slightly.

"Owww, it hurts," I whimpered. Aurelia grinned at me wildly. I chuckled a little before a nurse came in and began to adjust some things, cutting our moment short.

"Mr. Grey, a doctor will be arriving shortly, he will talk to you," The nurse monotonously said, before adjusting a few wires and tubes, leaving immediately after.

"Alright, let's see. You have recovered quite a bit after being out for two and a half days and you can be discharged as early as tonight, you choose," The doctor began, "however, you will have to be on full bed rest and someone will need to be able to take care of you all the time,"

"Oh okay, I understand," I acknowledged his words, and that dismissed him.

"So... I'm going to need someone to take care of me, I wonder who that can be?" I sarcastically said, looking at Aurelia.

"I guess we have no choice, and I must take on the responsibility," Aurelia said, as she pouted childishly. I chuckled at her actions and leaned back onto the pillow.