Chapter 8

Aidan's POV

Day 3 of being back at work. Ryan did a good job of running things. Except for keeping my office clean.

"Mr. Grey, you have a meeting with Mr. Maximillian and Mr. William Carter in 20 minutes, these are the files you would require. I have already prepared the conference room and placed a copy of the files there. I will inform you when they arrive," My PA said, while placing the files on my desk. I absent-mindedly nodded my head, before waving my hand to dismiss her. She swiftly left my office, returning to hers which was next to mine. I picked up the first file in the pile before flipping through it, checking that everything necessary was inside. I placed it down and rubbed my eyes, blinking hard and leaning back on the chair. I closed my eyes, trying to clear my mind and relax.

"Mr. Grey, the guests have arrived and are currently seated in the conference room," My PA said over the intercom. I pressed the button to reply to her with an "okay" before getting up and leaving. I ran my fingers through my hair to neaten it before I entered the conference room.

"A pleasure to meet the both of you, Mr. Carters," I said, keeping my tone professional.

"Drop the formalities, we are going to be a family soon anyways," Mr. Carter laughed, while emphasising on the "soon" part of his sentence.

Coincidence? Or not?

I sat down and we began our talking about the new franchise we were planning to open.

"Alright, I will schedule everything and my PA will email you all the details," I nodded as we wrapped up the meeting. We shook hands before I held open the door for them to leave. Just as William walked past me, he whispered something softly into my ear.

"We're waiting, Aidan,"

"Okay," I hurriedly replied, before William was out of earshot.

Was he talking about me marrying Aurelia? Why are the Carters so rushed about it? Is it Aurelia that wants it to happen soon, so she asked them to hint to me? But, now is not the time. Everything is still not ready yet.

I sighed as I walked back to my office, rubbing my temples, trying to think about what to do.

"I'm leaving now, help me to reschedule my meetings," I told my PA as I walked past, towards my private lift.

"Yes, Mr. Grey," My PA replied without looking up from her laptop. I pressed the button and the lift doors opened immediately. I stepped in while calling George to get the car ready for me. I leaned against the railing of the lift, thinking about how I should go about proposing to Aurelia.

I tried once, but Zach Inglethorp ruined it. I have to get him away.

Ding! The lift doors opened and I walked out. Stepping into the car, I called Aurelia to ask her to get ready because I was going to bring her out for dinner.

"I'm going to pick you up in 20 minutes, don't need to wear anything too fancy," I habitually cut the call immediately after, not waiting for Aurelia's reply. I regretted it instantly, knowing that Aurelia would be pissed at me for not waiting. I made a mental note to always let Aurelia cut the call, not me. I blew hot air into my cold hands, as the car drove out of the expressway.

Aurelia's POV

Aidan wants to bring me out? Where to? He said nothing too fancy...

I looked through the clothes in my walk-in wardrobe, before deciding on a simple off shoulder sundress. I took my handbag and walked out to the driveway to wait for Aidan. I sat at the bench at the side, admiring the beauty of the water fountain in front.