𝟎𝟏 | 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐉𝐎𝐄

♥

A smirk plastered on her lips, Y/n was about to hop out the throne room when she felt an icy breeze behind her. She turned and saw a word carved in ice on the floor.

"Joker," she mused, keeping her eyes intact on the word. "Is this perhaps my alias?"

No response followed as the ice glimmered back at Y/n, unwilling to melt in the low temperatures of Snezhnaya. She can already think of many reasons why her name was not on par with Scaramouche, La Signora, and Tartaglia.

The Joker: a wild card; an unpredictable force. It could become your ally or your foe, carrying an amicable mask that hid their vulnerability and purpose.

"I'll make sure to send a new attendant for Your Highness," Y/n glanced at the Fatui member who fainted, not wanting to carry him out. "Again, I thank you for your kindness in bestowing me such a valuable item."

The clear cryo vision shone brightly in Y/n's hand despite how dark the room was. She could feel the frosty sensation biting at her warm skin, seeking to invade her pores and freeze her inside out.

Do all cryo visions feel like this?

Y/n shrugged before heading out. The massive doors that were elegantly designed closed behind her and the two soldiers guarding them stomped on the ground once before straightening their posture.

She truly felt out of place.

This was a world where the strong conquered the weak and had more authority. Her world wasn't any different but it wasn't like they had visions and archons.

Her long strides brought her down the hallway in an instant and she was about to turn a corner when a flash of bronze and navy blue enclosed her vision.

Y/n pushed past the short man's shoulder, causing him to grunt before standing still in alarm. It took a second for him to realize that someone had dared to bump into him without apologizing and begging for forgiveness the moment they had touched him.

"Do you have eyes? Who the fuck keeps hiring such ignorant imbeciles?! You damnedー"

The piercing voice was too much for Y/n, who was only a few inches away. The loud holler made her grimace but his sudden silence made her laugh. It was the first time she had genuinely laughed at something, or someone, upon landing in this world.

"You?" Y/n leaned in with a playful smirk, slowly catching her role as the Joker. Scaramouche's leaned away when the girl in front of him teasingly asked him to continue.

No one has ever spoken down to him in such a provocative way before.

The most someone would do to offend him while he berates them is to pretend to listen when they are actually not. Yet this filthy scum that came from who knows where was bold enough to ask him to finish his sentence knowing it would be insulting.

"You..."

He was about to give her an earful of slurs unheard in the history of mankind when his eyes landed on her faceーor where a face was supposed to be located.

Meanwhile, the red eyeliner that complimented his eyes made Y/n stare a bit longer.

The Harbinger did not notice her entranced gaze and was in fact, not able to see the stranger before him clearly. However, he was not going to say that out loud since it would prove that he was the one who crashed into Y/n due to poor vision. He will not tolerate the embarrassment.

Snapping out of her daze, Y/n decided to make her appearance the complete opposite of what she looked like. An average face, neatly braided scarlet hair, and unrealistic purple eyes that reflected the night sky.

"What theー" Scaramouche backed off when his vision cleared and before him appeared a girl with fire as hair.

"Who the hell are you!?"

"Joe." Y/n rolled her eyes at how loud he was.

"Joe who?" He asked without thinking, completely unaware of the girl's mischievous mind.

"Joe mama, ya fool."

She flipped her hair off before heading to Aether's room. After hastily running away, she couldn't contain the fits of giggles that escaped her lips. It felt good to use a joke from her world, especially since her victim was Scaramouche, the man that was rumored to be scorned by his own comrades.

Meanwhile, Scaramouche was in place, dumbfounded until the guards that were stationed before the entrance of the throne room snickered among themselves. With a single glance from their superior, they immediately zipped their mouths, coughing before standing still like statues. If they hadn't been guarding the Tsaritsa's door, Scaramouche would've flicked a finger and paralyzed them to death without a warning.

He approached the grand doors, taking his sweet time.

The doors were more than what meets the eye. They were made of heavy metal as frigid as the brutal winter in Snezhnaya. Normal people wouldn't be able to open them unless they had enough power to do so. Hence, strength that was on par with the Fatui Harbingers. Fatui members with less authority were only able to enter with the permission of the Tsaritsa.

Scaramouche raised a hand and pushed the door with ease, his power contrasting from his short and lean build.

As he stepped inside, his bottom lip trembled due to the cold breeze brushing past his exposed skin. He was not used to the weather but he was stubborn and decided to wear his normal outfit anyway.

"What do you need, Your Highness?"

"A new addition to the Fatui is on Her Highness's radar and she wants the lord to observe her for any suspicious activities. Her alias is the Joker."

"Hah, a new addition? If she can't be trustworthy enough to join then why did Her Highness let her in?" Scaramouche sneered. The task sounded ridiculous to him. He did not want to waste his time babysitting a new Fatui member, much less one that received an aliasーwhich meant that the person must be as powerful as the Harbingers to receive their own title.

"And the Joker? In short, you mean a clown?" The man proceeded to rant in rage. "You want me to stare at a clown all day?! RIDICULOUS!" His voice thundered across the spacious room. His flinging arms shared the same energy as his glowering eyes.

"Please, Lord Scaramouche, the Tsaritsa has her reasons for recruiting the Joker. She says that you will understand when you meet her. The new addition has a remarkable ability that cannot be detected at first glance."

"Someone that even the Tsaritsa deems to have a remarkable ability?" Scaramouche's eyes brightened and his ears perked in interest.

Reprimanding his army of Fatui underlings was starting to become tiring. He needed somethin, anything, to make him feel thrilled again.

"Hmph, I will consider it then," the male turned around sharply and left. The lock clicked behind him and he smirked, feeling good. He summoned a Fatui agent and was about to order him to find the Joker when something caught the tip of his tongue.

"What do you think of the term, Joe mama?"

"I'm sorry sir, please repeat that." He had to make sure he wasn't hearing things.

"Don't tell me you've gone deaf! What do you know of the words, Joe mama?!" As usual, the Sixth Harbinger was running thin on patience, his teeth grinding while expectantly looking down at the cowering ant before him.

"You mean...yo mama?"

"YOU LITTLE SKUNKー"