𝟑𝟎 | 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Light NSFW ahead

Light NSFW ahead.

The smell of charred wood calmed Y/n's senses as she closed her eyes. She held a wooden stick that pierced a raw fish over the bonfire Lumine had made. The afternoon sun was setting as they gathered around the warm fire, roasting their fishes and lavender melons.

"Paimon's curious! What kind of nightmare did you have? You looked like you were sweating back there..." She asked in concern.

"..." Y/n remained silent for a few seconds before responding, "I dreamed of a coworker. He bit me to death."

"Eeks! The Fatui sure is scary..."

"Y/n isn't," Lumine smiled at her. "She's even eating with us."

"I'm not any better," Y/n cut in. "I do bad things too, believe it or not. I'm even..." She sighed in frustration and rubbed her forehead. "I'm even in love with that coworker."

"Oh..." They went silent.

The fire hid the light blush scattered on Y/n's cheeks. Her mind wouldn't let go of Scaramouche's voice and touch from before. She wanted to see him but at the same time, her sister's words lingered in the back of her mind.

She wanted to believe in him. She wanted to see him and hear him say those words weren't true. She wanted to love him.

"Y/n... it's burning."

"Whaー" She looked down at her fish and cursed. She quickly raised her stick and shrugged. Biting down on the slightly burnt fish, she quickly released it with tears in her eyes.

"Fuck, it's hot!" She burned her tongue with a frown. She blew out her tongue. Lumine and Paimon laughed at the sight, earning a glare from the teary-eyed girl. They continued to eat their roasted fish and sweet lavender melons before heading to bed.

Lumine and Paimon slept on the bed across from Y/n and they laid while facing next to each other. The blonde traveler fell asleep fairly quickly. She deserved a break from the hellish journey she had.

Y/n faced the ceiling and wished there wasn't a roof above her. She wanted to see the stars and sleep comfortably under the night blanket. After a few minutes of staring into the darkness, she decided to head out.

The cold air made her shiver a bit as she strolled outside, looking up at the sky.

The stars, the sky... it's all a giant hoax. A lie.