𝟏𝟗 | 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑?

♥

"Whew, it's kinda hot here, ain't it guys?"

Y/n proceeded to hold onto Zhongli and Childe's arms.

"It'd be way hotter had you not been here cockblocking," Childe snarkily replied. Zhongli stiffened at his response and coughed.

"Let us appreciate your presence then, Y/n," he smiled through the pain. Y/n was instantly reminded of the old man smiling in pain meme. There was no difference between the two.

"You're welcome, Zhongli. Your ass needs a break too!" Y/n huffed. "Anyway, what I mean by hot..."

She trailed off to her thoughts, picturing Scaramouche's intense gaze back in the pharmacy. Those eyes devoured her soul alone.

He either hates me to the hairy ass of Satan or loves me to the holy halo of God.

She wholeheartedly hoped it was the former. Dealing with someone who hated her was way easier than someone who loved her- especially if it was Scaramouche of all people. Who knows when he might pull up some yandere-type shit?

The trio walked down the bustling harbor and Scaramouche caught up to them a few minutes later.

"What took you so long?"

"I took my sweet time, don't judge," he crossed his arms.

Zhongli halted in his steps, causing the rest of them to stop as well. What they faced was Wanmin Restaurant- except it was burning. Unfortunately, it wasn't food that was burning but the building itself.

Chef Mao and Xiangling were frantically throwing buckets of water in hopes of easing the fire but it wasn't effective. As a pyro vision wielder, her powers would only make the situation worse.

"Not enough..." Xiangling groaned, wiping off a bead of sweat. Guoba stood next to her, staring at the fire sullenly.

"There has to be something going on behind this. There is no way such a well-monitored restaurant could ever catch on fire," Y/n muttered. Scaramouche stared in agreement as Childe used his hydro powers to quell the fire.

"Oh, thank you! I could never thank you enough!" Xiangling exclaimed when the fire was completely gone. "This is such an unlucky day... the restaurant has never caught on fire before until now. I was out hunting and gathering ingredients with my dad and this is what happens when I come back?"

Y/n was concerned. She didn't think Xiangling was irresponsible to the point that her restaurant would catch on fire. That could only mean someone else was involved in the incident.