𝟎𝟑 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

a/n: I just realized that there is a harbinger with the alias of 'The Jester' but let's just pretend they don't exist ;> also, ty for those who actually reads this!!! i would appreciate more comments since i wanna hear ur thoughts lol

As Aether and Y/n walked down the wide hallway, a dark blur followed behind them, swishing about like a cat. Though the pair had already sensed the person following them, his hat jingling as he sneaked, they did not say a word.

Until Y/n couldn't bear the silence.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're pretty good at clinging onto people?" Y/n smiled, though her eyes weren't. Aether did not respond since he knew it wasn't for him.

Silence followed and Y/n turned to see Scaramouche hastily grabbing his hat and pulling it over his face. It was as if he thought he could hide behind his hat and turn invisible.

"What a failure of a spy," she shook her head with a sigh, to which Scaramouche snapped back at.

"It's not like I want to follow you around, okay?! If only I didn't accept that stupid task..." he mutters, regretting his rash declaration after seeing Childe make his move on the girl.

He hates it when things go in other people's way and not his. Yet he also hates the fact that he has to look after this nuisance called the Joker.

"Aw, why are you spouting such lies? I know you're following me because you like me!" Y/n giggles, placing a hand on the other man's shoulder. "Right?"

The look of disgust and horrid was evident on Scaramouche's face as he cringed away from her touch. No one had ever touched him so nonchalantly without his permission and then say such silly things!

"Yeah right!" He spat before shrugging her off with concealed rage. He could only endure her antics since he did have to observe her from here on out.

"Y/n, stop fooling around," Aether called sternly, sounding like an older brother (which he is). The girl was a bit shocked at the sudden tone but dropped her act for a while and walked closely next to the blond male.

Scaramouche noticed how intimate the two were despite being strangers a few days ago. He couldn't help but raise a brow at this. He wasn't too keen on friendship and bonding but he could tell that the two weren't just jolly friends that came to be in a span of a few days. Something must've happened to make them seem like two peas in a pod.

Scaramouche thought with a scoff, 'The Prince and the Joker. Laughable.'

One is a lonesome prince who only craves to reunite with his sister one day and the other is a joker, hiding his secrets with a jeer while following the prince's beck and call.

"Aether, isn't there anything we can do other than strolling around the palace like zombies?" Y/n groans, leaning against the other while still managing to walk properly.