𝟏𝟑 | 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓

♥

Using a cryo vision was harder than Y/n thought it was. She assumed it'd be easier to wield by imagining the ice flowing out of her hands like a river but what came instead was a puff of cold breath.

"Pfft..." Kaeya couldn't help but hold in a laugh when he saw Y/n using all her brain and physical power, only to let out a tiny snowflake from her palm.

"SHUT UP, ICE BRIDGE!" Y/n retorted, embarrassed and ashamed that she couldn't even build an ice bridge at her state.

"Ice bridge?" he sniffed, not knowing why he felt a bit offended.

"I should've asked Signora for help..." she muttered and decided to use her special skill. "But no matter. I'll just find a chance to escape."

Recalling the vague appearance of a certain red-head, Y/n willed herself to look like the long deceased man. It didn't matter if every wrinkle wasn't there, all that mattered was that her sudden transformation will bring her some time to run.

"Isn't that... Master Crepus?!"

"Ain't he dead??"

"The girl can summon the dead?!"

"Remain calm," Kaeya shouted, finding his heart beating at the familiar sight of the flaming hair and broad figure. It was indeed Crepus Ragnvindr, Diluc's father.

Even though he knew it was one of Y/n's tricks, the sight of the man still startled him. He can clearly remember the rain dropping on his adoptive father's pale face as Diluc shook his shoulders, his silent cries unheard.

Meanwhile, Kaeya stood behind him, a wide smile on his face.

While his mind began to wander elsewhere, Y/n smirked and began sprinting, leaving the knights stunned and unable to move at first.

"Wait... get him- her!" a man behind Kaeya shouted, seeming to be confused but knew that he shouldn't leave Y/n running.

Kaeya snapped out of it and began running after her, clicking his tongue in annoyance. Never in his years has he let someone escape from his grasp.

Meanwhile, Y/n had removed the appearance of Crepus Ragnvindr since it was difficult to run while keeping up her facade.

"So that's your ability."

A monotonous voice said in her right ear. She turned immediately, thinking it was one of the knights but was met with the startling clear eyes of the man she had shouted at not long ago. A light purple aura surrounded his body and being near him felt like static as if lightning might strike her despite the bright weather.

"Scara-" His name was caught in her throat as she recalled their little fight from before. The short silence felt awkward but amidst the thrill of being chased, the feeling quickly left.

"Tch, I can't believe this. You call yourself a harbinger while running away from some mere flies?" he scorned and skidded to a stop. Y/n did the same and watched as he held his head up and glared at the group of knights.

"Wait- don't kill him!" Y/n exclaimed, looking at Kaeya in exasperation. He served well as an ice bridge for her in the past so she couldn't bear seeing him die in front of her, just like the countless times he had in the game.

"Him?" Scaramouche's face suddenly grew darker and his eyes flashed at Kaeya. The tall man stood there, his brows furrowed and in a fighting stance.

Y/n paused, zipping her mouth shut after making things worse. She then jumped in front of Scaramouche, her arms out and ready to defend.

"What is the meaning of this? You rather die saving a mere human like him?"

"You won't kill me." Y/n forced a smile, even daring to take one step forward.

Scaramouche gritted his teeth and raised his hand, electricity flashing dangerously in the form of a sphere. "You... trust people too easily." 

Y/n felt fear itching at her chest when she saw him using his powers and closed her eyes.

However, she instead felt an arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her inwards with stability. Her chin lightly rested on the person's shoulder and she felt a strange barrier surround her.

"Scum," the voice above her spoke in a low and condescending tone, sending shivers down her spine.

Y/n slowly pushed against Scaramouche's body and looked into his eyes, which just happened to meet hers. She had never been so close to him before and was distracted by the man before she even noticed. A second had passed but it felt like a good minute when she stared into his eyes, feeling herself burn up.

"Beautiful..." she whispered. The Balladeer heard the compliment and quickly looked at the man behind her who was on his butt with a grimace.

"I see this is how the Knights of Favonius do things. With such underhanded tricks, don't you feel ashamed to call yourself a knight?" Scaramouche sneered at Kaeya, who only laughed coldly in response. The knights behind him all laid unconscious on the grass, their clothes dirty from being zapped.

"Wait, did he-?" Y/n finally looked at Kaeya and realized that the one Scaramouche had shot the electro ball at was him. Kaeya was now pressing a hand against his stomach, paralyzed on the ground.

"He was about to attack you from behind, thinking he could injure me along the way. How foolish of him. Alas, when humans are in dire situations they tend to act out recklessly, thinking they are rational for weighing out the pros and cons. Am I right?"

"No, you're wrong," Y/n rolled her eyes. "Think you're so smart, Albert Einstien? Get a degree first and then we'll see."

"Huh?" Scaramouche was visibly confused at her words but crossed his arms when he heard her initial reply.

"The truth isn't always pretty. Would you rather I say humans like this vermin over here should be praised for even being able to think of a solution when in such situations? Hah-"

"Yeah, that sounds so much better!" Y/n clapped with a cute little smile. The harbinger fell silent, his eyes lingering a few seconds before sighing.

"Let's just go."

"As you wish, Lord Scaramouche."

Though he knew she was only teasing, it still stirred something in him.

"Would you really do anything as I wish?"