𝟑𝟓 | 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏

a/n: this story is going to be on hold until scara comes out cuz i need to know more about the canon lore first lol

a/n: this story is going to be on hold until scara comes out cuz i need to know more about the canon lore first lol. i might post bonus chaps instead?

Soft breathing could be heard from Y/n's room as the sun was beginning to set. The soft warm glow formed a calm ambiance but that was not the case for her. Turbulent emotions were on the verge of bursting in her chest as the doctor asked her some questions.

In other words, interrogation.

"How have you been feeling lately?"

Y/n looked directly into the doctor's eyes in utmost earnesty. "Extremely nauseous. I've been feeling stressed lately, it's honestly quite concerning. I found myself in bed yesterday almost the whole day."

Now that was not a lie.

"I see. Well, your physical health contributes to your mental health so make sure your diet..." Blah blah blah blah, Y/n thought as his words cut off in her mind.

The doctor recorded her response on paper and as he did that, she began to think of a ploy. The fact that Scaramouche couldn't come fetch her immediately means that there must be something stopping him. The only thingーrather, the only person up to something here is Kamisato Ayato.

Could it be...? Scara knew but he didn't tell me?! Oh that damned Kamisato jerky beef I will get him on his kneecaps.

"...Miss? Miss Y/n?"

Her hand jolted when the doctor touched her wrist. "May I take your pulse?"

"Of course." Y/n smiled as if nothing had happened. He placed two fingers on her vein and silently felt her pulse. She coughed a bit, trying to garner his attention.

"Oh, I forgot to say. I think my stomach has also...enlarged recently. I suspect it's related to the symptoms I have." Y/n coughed a bit louder this time. She slipped a pouch of mora in his hand, the coins clinking the sounds of pure wealth as he felt it.

A second later, he exclaimed, "There's no doubt about it, Miss Y/n. I believe you are pregnant!"

"Hmm, I see. I hope you will spread the news as it is a special occasion..." She slipped another pouch of mora in his hands. With a warm smile, she patted his hands. Those foul hands reeked with greed as they clutched onto the pouches.

The doctor did not say more and heartily laughed at the surplus he earned. He rushed out the door to tell Ayato.

Y/n's friendly smile faded now that she was alone in the room. "Someone should give him a demotion. Doctor my ass. Though I shouldn't be talking either..."