𝟏𝟎 | 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

♥

Y/n wandered around Mondstadt for a while and ended up in front of a large fountain that she was very familiar with. A man stood within it, his back bent and sweat glistening on the side of his head.

She ignored the man, even though he was undergoing a hardship, and decided to sit down at Good Hunter for a meal. She had long wanted to eat the famed Sticky Honey Roast the moment she stepped foot into the city.

Licking her lips, she raised her hand high and Sara the waitress hurried over with a smile. Usually customers went to her and not the other way around, but seeing as how Y/n wasn't a local in Mondstadt, she decided to approach her instead.

"What would you like?"

"Sticky Honey Roast please! And also, Sweet Madame."

Sara nodded before rushing off to prepare the dishes. Coincidentally, another person slipped into the seat in front of Y/n.

"Why hello there, I've never seen you around here," the smooth velvety voice almost made Y/n choke on her saliva. She knew who it was without a glance. After all, who else could have such a playful yet gentlemanly tone in all of Mondstat?

"Really? I haven't either," she composed herself, schooling in her true thoughts before meeting the star-embedded eyes of Kaeya Alberich. The unique trait of his caught her breath for a moment.

"Haha, you're funny," Kaeya commented. "May I know your name?"

His casual smile was pleasing to her eyes but that didn't stop Y/n from fooling around.

"Joe."

"Joe... I believe that is a common name for men. It has a nice ring to it either way." His fake smile caused Y/n's left eye to twitch. The overfriendly little chat was starting to bore her.

"You think so? Kaeya isn't a bad name either. It's very unique. Not to mention your last name. Alberich, hm? Why is it not Ragnvindr?"

The question struck the usually smooth-mouthed man and his expression faltered.

"How much do you know?" His smile remained intact.

"Let's just say... a sack of wheat perhaps?"

"And how much is that?"

"Who knows? I don't know myself either. But I'm not your enemy so don't worry. I've already met your brother too. Truly a gentleman, bringing me to his home on a drunken night and thoroughly taking care of me..."

Y/n purposely sighed in bliss, observing Kaeya's stunned state when he heard her words.

"You two- no but- him? Impossible," he blurted out.

The outsider laughed, satisfied with the typically composed man's flustered reaction. "Joking, your brother is still a virgin-"

"Here are your dishes!" Sara interrupted with one dish on each hand. She gently placed the food on the round table, glancing at Kaeya halfway.

"Enjoy!"

"Since you're here, eat with me," Y/n exclaimed, handing the Calvary Captain a fork and a knife. "I've been wanting to try this for so long!"

She drooled with a grin while staring down at the Sticky Honey Roast. She could already hear the high-pitched whines full of jealousy from Paimon.

"Where are you from?" Kaeya asked. He was reminded of why he had approached the girl in the first place. The dishes she ordered were common around Mondstadt yet it was her first time tasting them. But what confused him was the fact that she knew the names of the food despite not looking at the menu. Moreover, she seemed to know more than just his name.

She was a suspicious character to appear in the city.

"I'm from Sumeru," Y/n lied while chewing, trying her best to not accidentally spit on the handsome man. She had thought about it but couldn't think of any other region where someone would have red hair and purple eyes. Sumeru somehow suited her fake appearance and being from the region of wisdom would explain why she knew so much.

"That's pretty far from here. So you've studied in Sumeru Academia before?"

Y/n smiled, glad that the conversation was going her way. "Indeed I have. I came to Mondstadt to experience and research the lifestyle here so I can share my knowledge. Meeting people like you and knowing their backstories are a part of it."

"So that means you will eventually leave this city... what a shame. I don't want to part ways with such a compatible new friend I made," Kaeya sighed, picking at a piece of chicken he cut.

"I can always come back to visit, as long as open arms are welcoming me!"

She knew there won't be just one but two pairs of arms that will refuse to welcome her. Once La Signora strikes, Y/n will be next to her, watching the show in hidden amusement. Venti and Lumine will then negatively regard her as a Fatui accomplice; an enemy.

"I am always happy to lend a hand. Don't hesitate to call me for help if any trouble arises," Kaeya winked.

"But I've heard the Knights of Favonius are quite incapable in their duties. I'd rather hit up the Darknight Hero of Mondstadt," Y/n teased with a smirk. "He does things with skill and efficiency after all."

"Ouch. Surely you aren't describing me?" Kaeya chuckled. "But to know his identity too. You are quite the researcher."

His eyes gleamed, confirming his suspicion of her presence. The entire conversation went her way and it was the first time he felt like he lost in a battle of words.

"Flattered. I come from Sumeru Academia, remember? I am more than just a researcher..." Y/n spout her lies shamelessly once again. She will have to get used to lying and fake her way through it all.

Because this is the path she chose, the path of the Joker.