𝟏𝟒 | 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄

♥

The garden was as barren as the fields in winter. Only bundles of wheat and mint could be seen on the snowy ground but even that was not enough to weaken the sullen mood it brought to the Fatui headquarters.

"You're back. How was your trip?" Aether with crossed arms approached Y/n, who was in a daze in front of a grand window.

"Fun. Though someone ruined it halfway..." she mumbled, glancing at the blond. "Also, I saw your sister. She's doing quite well."

With a short laugh, Aether responded, "She will have to go through one hell of a journey until she reaches me so I wouldn't say she's well."

"You're right."

The Joker chuckled before sighing.

"What's the matter? Is this about the someone who ruined your days in Mondstadt? Which donkey do I have to beat up now?" He cracked his knuckles with a cheeky grin.

"It's fine. I've already given him an earful."

Aether cocked a brow. "Just an earful? That doesn't sound enough to me."

"Well, this happened..."

Y/n recalled the question spoken in a serious tone and Aether listened silently.

-

"Would you really do anything as I wish?"

When Y/n heard the low voice and looked into the clear yet soulless eyes of the man, she suddenly felt stumped.

"What if I told you to take off that mask of yours and show me the true you? Would you do it? Can you trust me?" He took a step forward, causing the girl to step back.

"But for now, this demand of mine would be even better. What if I told you to not look at any other man and only focus on me? Give your utmost attention to this lord of yours. Would you follow your superior's order?" He took another step, this time his hands on her shoulders, firm but not with force.

No.

The answer was obvious. To both of his demands, she would refuse. Her vulnerability isn't something that can solely be achieved through trust, nor will she dedicate her full attention to someone who she cannot predict.

But she was a Joker. Even when facing the serious question Scaramouche had asked, the corner of her lips twitched and she smiled, a beautiful sweet lie satisfying the ears of the receiver.

"Of course, my lord," Y/n called, finally taking a step forward. Her nose was an inch away from the Balladeer's and she boldly wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm all yours..." she whispered, "Master Scaramouche."

She could hear his Adam's apple bobbing the second he heard the way she addressed him. A shaky breath left his lips but he forced himself to contain the heat rumbling in his stomach. The answer was so perfect it made his heart leap not once but twice.

But he knew she was just trying to hide in a mountain of lies.

"I wonder how long it will take until you bury yourself to the point of insanity. Every sound that comes from this pretty mouth of yours will soon turn foul. And I..."

Scaramouche pulled himself back, his hand reaching for Y/n's chin. His thumb brushed against her bottom lip and he found it hard for his eyes to look elsewhere.

I wouldn't be able to bear seeing the Joker's fake smile and have Y/n's genuine one disappear from this world.

Lightning crackled behind Y/n and she was about to turn her head when the element zapped her nape, knocking her unconscious at the same time. Scaramouche held out his arms and caught her with an expressionless face.

He only stared at the electro symbol that was now burned onto her skin.

"You're mine to uncover in the end."

-

"It's really there. I can't believe he did that," Aether mused while staring at the back of Y/n's neck. "He must like you...a lot."

"Y'know, that was the one thing I hoped wouldn't happen but now that you've said it, my love life is ruined."

"Hey! At least he's strong. And rich..."

"Rich... oh my archons you just reminded me that my flat ass is broke! Thanks! I need to go find a sugar daddy now!" she whistled and jogged away to find a certain ginger.

Aether was left hanging, a bit shocked at what his friend had shamelessly announced.

Though she did say she needed mora, she wasn't heading to Tartaglia just for that. It was also to embark on her journey to Liyue and he just happened to be the harbinger assigned to that region.

Unfortunately, there was a lot to sort out before heading to Liyue and one of them was her cryo vision. She did not want to experience the embarrassing spectacle of creating a single pitiful snowflake again.