Through His Eyes

Bokuto Koutaro's POV:

With fear in those beautiful gunmetal blue eyes, Akaashi Keiji pulled away from my arms. I watched as his hands trembled in each other. What happened to you, Akaashi? You aren't as bright as you used to be. In high school, you used to at least some more than that. But now you seem to only smile with Shouyo. Granted, I would see why you wouldn't want to smile around me or be happy. You held me in the end though and I loved that. But how much pain had you been keeping in? You cried in my arms. Were you crying of happiness or sorrow from the pain I caused you in High School.

Or, were you crying because of whatever made you be afraid and tremble.

Akaashi said he was 23 when he adopted Shouyo but what about those 5 years in between. What took place then?

"I left after a while and managed to get Akaashi's number, which had changed, so I could text him whenever I like! But something just didn't feel right. He was the same Akaashi Keiji but at the same time, it seemed like he wasn't. Does that make sense?" I said to my brother, Koushi.

I still haven't forgiven him for not telling me that he was friends with Akaashi. Koushi decided it was best not to tell me that he knew and found him, but I don't see why he kept it hidden.

"Well, I've known him for almost 4 years and sad to say and for you to hear, he's been like that the entire time. Actually, no, he was a complete wreck when I met him." Koushi said as he finished up fixing dinner and turned to me with two plates.

"What do you mean?" I question as I thank him for the food and begin to eat.

"To be honest, this may sound hard to hear but he seemed to be mentally broken or like he had seen a ghost but that look was never gone. The only time he seemed at peace was with Shouyo, but even then, when he started working, I would babysit Shouyo at the daycare. Akaashi though, would call me almost every 2 hours to check if he was okay. He acted like a newborn mother but more protective." He replies as he leans on the counter of the large white and marble kitchen and draws his fingers into his silver hair.

"So trust issues?" I ask as I take a bite out of the rice but my chopsticks move it around more than pick at it.

"I guess. I never asked because he calmed down after awhile. However, whenever I would ask him about his past he would stare off and stay silent. I didn't tell you about Akaashi because 1, I didn't want to possibly overwhelm him so soon with your idiotic nature. 2, I felt it was better that you both saw each other which is why after a while, I moved you to evening shift." Koushi said with a smile.

"Sneaky bastard you are." I shoot back as I send a glance his way and continue my meal.

"Come on now, I did you a favor. That's what a big brother does." He says as his brown eyes beam. I look at my plate and sigh. "But you know, I didn't reunite the two of you just because you missed him." Koushi said as his facial expression changed to a more serious one.

I poke the rice with the chopsticks and say, "So the rumors are true then?"

"Yes. Now, I'm heading down. Sawamura needs me and the kids are going crazy." Replies Koushi as he props himself off the counter and walks to a spare room. He begins opening the door and speaks softly, "Oh and when your done moping, it's best you come down too. Now that we know what's true and what's false, we can make a correct plan on what to do next."

"Mmmmm. Do we have to?" I pout as I place my head on the table.

"Fine then. It's his head getting served on a silver platter then to Nekoma or would it be things are served to him instead? Meh. Depends on how he really is-"