Shouyo

3rd Person POV

Earlier that day, around 15:41 (3:41 PM), Bokuto was beginning his walk, or more like run, to the Grade School to pick up the daycare kids. He takes the liberty of walking with them in a large group to the next building so all of them can talk, get some nice air, and exercise. Bokuto enjoys this part of his day as he gets to hang out with Shouyo and all the other kids, who love to talk to him about their day. As they talk, he always listens and smiles brightly. He makes sure each one is holding onto the walking rope and that no one is left behind. Despite this being a cover job for the mafia band he runs, he treats this as if it were his real job and dosen't regret his time with the kids.

Today however, was different because Bokuto was late. The inspections for the reconstruction plans ran way longer than expected because they wanted to add an extra and proper room for the babies to be in rather than just an old room with futons. The processes however, was taking much more longer than said time.

Bokuto could have sworn that someone running the inspections looked extremely familiar but he couldn't place his finger on where he'd seen this man from.

With the inspection running longer and him forgetting the walking rope, Bokuto was extremely late to pick up the kids. He had been running down the main street and checking his watch constantly to see the time as each minute seemed to pass by faster and faster.

Shouyo found himself talking and running around with his best friends about his birthday the next day and his new dog. Ryu and Yuu had been jumping with him in excitement while Tobio stayed on the side and just swayed slightly, unsure how to show his excitement but showing a slightly odd small smile.

As the kids waited outside with their teachers, a car pulled up with slightly tinted windows. The school had a program where a teacher would approach each car, ask them questions on the realtionship with the child they were picking up, and who was the child. If it wasn't a parent, they required proof of true word like a text message or picture. Once everything seemed normal, they would bring the child up to be taken home. So far, that system had worked quite well, until today.

As the car pulled up, the driver lowered the window as one of the teachers asked whom they were here for and what was their realtionship with the child.

"I'm here for Shouyo Akaashi and I am a family friend ma'am. I've know the boy's father for a long time. Tomorrow is young Shouyo's birthday and his dad asked me to pick him up for a surprise he was planning. Here is a picture to prove I'm who I say I am. His father made sure I had this so I could pick hin up with no problems." Said the man with black hair as he held a picture to the teacher. In the picture, four people can be seen, including Keiji Akaashi and Koutaro Bokuto.

"I see. I'll go grab him for you." Said the teacher with a smile as she walked off to find Shouyo. Finding him with his friends, the teacher explained to the young boy that someone was here to pick him up and that he wouldn't be going to daycare. Saying goodbye to his friends, Shouyo was walked over to the car.

"This is a friend of your father's. He will be taking you home today. And Happy Birthday Young Akaashi." The teacher said as Shouyo nodded and thanked her then was helped into stepping into the car. The driver thanked the teacher and drove off slowly and undetected.

Just as they were driving off, Bokuto had just arrived to pick up the daycare kids. He apologized frantically for his tardiness as he was given the attendance roster to make sure all the kids were here to take. One by one, he called on each name by the beginning of their first name.